New Job Clinical Case Manager/Respite Manager In Manitoba
|Clinical Case Manager/Respite Manager
Clinical Case Manager/Respite Manager
Company : Knowles Centre Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Who are we
Knowles Centre is a community-based, non-profit social service agency for children, adolescents and young adults facing difficult times in their lives. It began as a home for boys in 1907 and today provides a range of therapeutic and skills-based programs to young people from Manitoba and other communities throughout Canada.
Knowles Centre is made up of a team of 130 full-time, part-time and casual employees. Each day we strive to help young people and their families address past struggles, develop healthier relationships and ways of life, and reach their full potential in the future.
We do this through the following programs:
- Healing Homes Day Treatment Program
- Treatment Foster Care Sexual Abuse Treatment Program
- Supported Advancement to Independent Living Moving Forward Counselling Services
In addition, we offer or arrange support services that complement our core programs, including:
- Biimautaziiwin Aboriginal Cultural Program Access to psychiatric consultation
- Recreation Program Program partnerships with River East
- Camp & Outdoor Education Program Transcona School DivisionKnowles Centre is a registered, non-profit, charitable organization governed by an elected Board of Directors.Why work at Knowles Centre?
There are great opportunities open to those who know making a BIG difference starts with the little things.
- Competitive salary Defined benefits pension plan
- 3 weeks’ vacation to start Extended health plan and long-term disability
- Paid sick time Optional additional life insurance
- Free parking Support for life-long learning and professional development
We are hiring!
Knowles Centre -Treatment Foster Care (TFC)
Clinical Case Manager/Respite Manager (CCM/RM)
Full Time - Permanent
Knowles Centre is seeking a full-time permanent Clinical Case Manager/Respite Manager (CCM/RM) for their
Treatment Foster Care (TFC) program.
The program is seeking an individual with experience working within Community Living disABILITY Services (CLdS), to support TFC’s goal of expanding services to adults. The CCM/RM will have a combined role, overseeing respite for the program as the Respite Manager (RM), and carrying a caseload of adult clients (who are connected to the
CLdS system) as a Clinical Case Manager (CCM). The CCM component of the role involves supporting current adult clients and their caregivers, and taking a primary role in the TFC program to further develop this adult stream
(recruiting and training caregivers, facilitating the licensing of caregivers’ homes, admitting new adult clients into the program, etc.).
Within the Clinical Case Manager role, the CCM/RM will provide direct support, consultation, training, and supervision to caregivers of adult clients; screen prospective care providers; complete home studies/initial licensing pieces and prepare caregivers for annual license reviews; provide assessment of client’s needs; and will be responsible for the overall development, implementation, and monitoring of intervention plans for individuals on their caseload.
Within the Respite Manager role, the CCM/RM will be primarily responsible for the respite/support component of the
TFC program. Individuals who provide respite/support for our treatment foster parents offer an invaluable service to support care providers in caring for children/youth with a variety of developmental, emotional, behavioral, and attachment-based issues and needs. The Respite Manager will be responsible for processing all respite/support applications, screening applicants, conducting reference checks, completing physical checks of prospective respite homes, and processing respite claim forms. The Respite Manager is also responsible for updating all background checks for caregivers in the program for annual licensing reviews. Additionally, while the adult stream is developing, the CCM/RM will be responsible for various administrative and basic accounting responsibilities to assist programs at Knowles Centre, primarily though for Treatment Foster Care.
The ideal candidate should have:
1) Experience working within Community Living disABILITY Services (CLdS);
2) Experience working with individuals with developmental, behavioral and emotional challenges and their care providers and birth family;
3) Excellent assessment skills;
4) Experience and ability to develop effective treatment/intervention plans;
5) Commitment to working from a trauma-informed and strengths-based perspective;
6) Strong understanding of attachment issues and needs, and the importance of attachment-based care providing;
7) Experience working collaboratively with different systems (Adult Services, Child Welfare, Justice, Education);
8) Experience working with Indigenous persons and understanding of the impact of colonization and intergenerational trauma;
9) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
10) Excellent written skills and demonstrated ability to effectively complete paper work and meet established deadlines.
A Master’s Degree (social work, psychology, counselling) or a Bachelor of Social Work Degree and three years of experience working with clients and their caregivers is preferred. The successful applicant will have a clear Criminal
Record Check, Child and Adult Abuse Registry Checks and Prior Contact Check, and possess a valid driver’s license and a vehicle.
The CCM/RM will enjoy a private office on a scenic campus with free parking. The CCM/RM will enjoy an enthusiastic team environment and excellent staff morale with opportunities to creatively contribute to the overall development of the program. They will receive regular supervision with the Program Director. Knowles Centre offers a competitive salary and benefit package. This position is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
Knowles Centre is committed to providing a safe environment for children and youth. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
Check us out on our web site at www.knowlescentre.org
Please send resume by Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. to:
Program Director, Treatment Foster Care Program
Knowles Centre Inc.
2065 Henderson Highway
Winnipeg, Manitoba R2G 1P7
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Knowles Centre is committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. We are a friendly organization that welcomes applications from all individuals who share our vision of maintaining a respectful environment for all.
Knowles Centre acknowledges that we are gathered on Treaty 1 territory, the traditional territory of Anishinaabe,
Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene People, and the homeland of the Métis Nation. With the spirit of reconciliation and decolonization, we seek to understand our place in history, and build alliances with Indigenous communities through education and collaboration.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Master's Degree (required)
- working with clients and their caregivers is preferred: 3 years (preferred)
- English (preferred)
- Manitoba Drivers' License (preferred)
- CPR/First Aid "C" with AED (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-05-25