New Job Clerk B - Zoning And Permits In Manitoba
|Clerk B - Zoning and Permits
Clerk B - Zoning and Permits
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor of Customer Relations, the Zoning and Permits Reception Clerk is responsible for providing customer service both in person and over the telephone as well as providing general clerical support to the Zoning and Permits Branch. Based on operational requirements, duties will vary and may include processing zoning memorandums and variances, encroachments, permit tracking, assistant cashier functions, data entry of permit applications and other assignments consistent with the classification. The position requires a strong team player to work with the staff to ensure support and collaboration.
As the Zoning and Permits Reception Clerk, you will:
- Process trade/special permits applications and refunds.
- Respond to internal/external customer enquiries and ensures notification to appropriate staff.
- Administer public notices and placements.
- Manage the encroachment process.
- Perform miscellaneous duties.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 12 or G.E.D or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience providing administrative support including maintaining accurate files and records.
- Experience with MS Office applications including MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize conflicting deadlines.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, internal and external stakeholders.
- Well written communication skills including correspondence with customers and completing reports.
- Ability to type accurately at 20 w.p.m.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with limited supervision, and handle a variety of assignments as necessary.
- IMPORTANT: Applicants who have been educated outside of Canada must have education which is comparable to the minimum qualification in Canada. Applicants submitting foreign credentials require an official academic assessment report issued by a recognized Canadian assessment service https://www.canalliance.org/en/ at application.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. To obtain Police Information Check information please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.