New Job Chief Administrative Officer In Manitoba
|Chief Administrative Officer
Chief Administrative Officer
Company : Town of The Pas
Salary : $85,000–$105,000 a year
Location : Manitoba
Town of The Pas, Box 1263, The Pas, MB, R9A 1K8 www.townofthepas.ca
Opportunity - Chief Administrative Officer
The Council for the Town of The Pas are seeking an individual that will bring strong leadership skills to this position.
Reporting to Council, the Chief Administrative Officer is responsible for the overall administrative management of the Town of The Pas. This includes all personnel, finances, programs and policies of the
Town of The Pas while ensuring all are managed in an effective manner and in accordance to Provincial
Legislation and local by-laws.
Ideally, the successful incumbent will have exceptional operational skills coupled with the ability to actively pursue new opportunities while maintaining collaborative working relations with other communities in the region, to provide citizens with an affordable, safe, clean and healthy environment.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide required leadership for the development and implementation of Council’s vision through strategic planning.
- Direct the general administrative affairs of the Municipality and perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with The Municipal Act.
- Recommend objectives, policies and programs to Council and provide support and advice on new initiatives and fiscal matters.
- Direct the implementation and monitor the progress of policies and programs approved by
- Recruit and develop all municipal management and administration employees and develop a plan to attract and retain quality employees.
- Mentor, provide leadership and direction to the senior management team, with a focus on administrative and operational excellence, meeting frequently to coordinate departments.
- Provide responsible financial planning and management of community budgets including the cost- effective implementation of capital project initiatives.
- Develop positive relationships and maintain open communication with all stakeholders and constituencies of interest to the Municipality.
Individuals interested in this position should send a resume and cover letter by email to Andre Murphy at [email protected].
The selection committee intends to review applications as early as May 12t, 2023 however, applications may continue to be accepted until the right candidate is found.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $85,000.00-$105,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- The Pas, MB R9A 1K2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- management (preferred)
Work Location: In person