New Job Case Worker, Full Time Permanent Position In New Brunswick
|Case Worker, Full Time Permanent Position
Case Worker, Full Time Permanent Position
Company : Maison Nazareth Inc
Salary : $19–$22 an hour
Location : New Brunswick
Maison Nazareth is non-profit Emergency Homeless Shelter. Our aim is to provide the homeless population with services such as shelter, support, and to guide them reintegrate back into the society. Are you a top performer motivated by the opportunity to make a huge impact on the community? Maison Nazareth is seeking an experienced Case Manager to work directly with individuals who are experiencing homelessness; provide support and referrals to service providers to expedite clients’ opportunities to gain employment, obtain and retain stable housing so clients become self- sufficient.
· Interview, Assess and begins case management plan with the client within 5 days of being at the shelter.
· Complete intakes and makes assessments of client needs.
· Develop individualized case plans with long-term and short-term goals and objectives.
· Monitor compliance with goals through regular contact (bi-weekly client meetings).
· Maintain a file and completes all paperwork in a timely manner.
· Provides relevant referrals to agencies and service providers based upon the goals and objectives mutually agreed upon with the client.
· Advocates for clients with agencies and service providers to minimize barriers to client’s receiving needed services.
· Follows up with referrals to ensure that clients receive and access necessary services in a timely manner.
· Knowledge of all potential client resources, including attending meetings at relevant agencies and providers.
· Maintains a professional relationship with clients and conducts all business-related activity according to program policy and standards relevant to the Case Management field.
· Monitors client behavior regarding compliance issues and follow-up; provides consistent limits and expectations regarding program policies and goal achievement.
· Works with community partners to support efforts at locating and maintaining supportive permanent housing.
· Establishes relationships with local housing agencies, property management companies and private landlords to ensure success in securing and maintaining housing for clients.
· Assists client in developing a savings and budget plan in preparation for eventual independent living. Communicates progress towards independent living with community partners, when appropriate.
· Maintain confidential files for each client comprised of all the details of the case management effort; communicate any relevant information to Shelter Manager, as appropriate.
· Coach clients in job prep, housing, available social services, and other areas as needed.
· Ensure data integrity for accurate reporting on HIFIS.
· Participate in weekly Staff Meetings
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and skills:
· Bachelor’s degree or diploma in social work or related field and minimum of one-year of social services experience, or equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- Strong communication skills specifically in conflict resolution and nonviolent crisis intervention.
- Capacity and/or experience working in a shelter environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of harm reduction, community service agencies and the homeless population are assets.
- Calm demeanor; Able to work under pressure; Able to respond to a crisis, health or safety issue and take appropriate and immediate action.
- To use professional judgement and problem solve
- To perform duties with minimal supervision.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents, staff, community agencies and the public.
- To work under pressure; to respond to a crisis, health or safety issue and take appropriate and immediate action.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Reliable, Collaborative, Team player.
- Competent written and verbal communication skills in French and English.
- Competent in interpersonal negotiation.
- Mastery of Office 365 (suite).
- Bilingual (English and French a must)
- Workplace Standard First Aid and CPR C
- Trauma informed care
- Harm reduction (Substance use and overdose)
- Crisis Prevention and Verbal De-escalation
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
We follow all measures according to Public Health guidelines.
- Rate your knowledge of social services in Moncton on a scale of 1 - 10
- Social working: 1 year (preferred)
- Do you speak English and French (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person