New Job Associate Corporate Buyer In Ontario
|ASSOCIATE CORPORATE BUYER
ASSOCIATE CORPORATE BUYER
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 37519
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Purchasing
Division & Section: Purchasing & Materials Management, Purchasing Client Services
Work Location: City Hall, 100 Queen St W.
Job Type & Duration: Full-Time, Permanent Vacancy
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $34.48 - $37.78
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 03-May-2023 to 17-May-2023
- Assists Corporate Buyers and Senior Corporate Buyers in the development of competitive procurement processes.
- Assists in the preparation of product specifications descriptions/scope of work.
- Edits and processes requisitions.
- Conducts invitational call process in accordance with the Purchasing By-laws, Policies and Procedures.
- Confers with suppliers regarding delivery, quality, etc., to ensure that divisional and specification requirements are met.
- Operates the City's automated purchasing system to process purchasing requirements (e.g. purchase orders, quotation requests, proposal calls, etc.), and to update and retrieve purchasing information.
- Evaluates summary of bids and ensures that specifications, policies and mandatory requirements are met, and forwards to buyer or senior buyer for review.
- Processes purchase order amendments and contract renewals.
- Prepares purchase orders and related documentation (e.g. price agreements, correction sheets, etc.) from quotations, tenders and proposals.
- Assists in the review and follow up of non-competitive procurement requests for divisions.
- Maintains databases and retrieval systems for records/documents.
- Responds to inquiries requiring in-depth knowledge of the operational area/function.
- Prepares administrative reports and associated correspondence.
- Possessing or in pursuit of a certificate from a recognized Purchasing program or an approved equivalent of education and/or experience.
- Practical purchasing related experience, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Experience working with Purchasing related policies and procedures (e.g., purchase orders, quotation requests)
- Experience working with computerized purchasing systems (i.e., SAP, Ariba).
- Considerable experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
You must also have:
- Knowledge of the City's purchasing policies and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communications, with demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines, handle competing priorities
- Ability to work independently, as required
- Ability to work additional hours as operational demands require, i.e., year-end or other peak periods
- Good knowledge of the products and services used by the City and designated Agencies and Corporations, an asset
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.