New Job Aircraft Maintenance Engineer In Saskatchewan
|Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $31.36–$38.16 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement supplies services to the public and other ministries that support efforts to build the economy and make a better life for all Saskatchewan people. Services include central property management services including government buildings, accommodations, transportation, and information technology
Saskatchewan Air Ambulance is the oldest non-military air ambulance service in North America and currently transports more than 1,500 Saskatchewan residents per year to a higher level of care. Air Ambulance provides 24/7 emergency medical air evacuation services to provincial destinations in compliance with Canadian Aviation Regulations (CAR's). Our dedicated team is committed to ensuring that the people of Saskatchewan have safe and timely access to the health services they need.
Air Ambulance, has a permanent full-time opportunity for an experienced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer with an M1 rating located in Saskatoon, SK. This position will involve line and heavy maintenance working with a team during normal business hours and working independently during an afternoon/evening shift rotation.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, this challenging and rewarding position your responsibilities will include:
- Performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, troubleshooting, inspection, repair, structural repairs, and certification of maintenance on company King Air B200 ambulance aircraft as detailed in the company Maintenance Policy Manual;
- Completing timely and accurate Safety Management System reports and other required; documentation to identify possible hazards, operational and/or safety concerns or issues;
- Participating in all-weather ramp activities including, but not limited to, aircraft towing and ground runs; and
- Maintaining shop, tools and equipment necessary for aircraft maintenance.
As the successful candidate, you will be a thorough, reliable and detail-oriented individual who has:
- Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations;
- Knowledge of turbine-powered pressurized aircraft including modern avionics, environmental, structural repair, and electrical systems;
- Experience conducting scheduled inspections, diagnosing equipment and aircraft problems, and conducting necessary repairs and maintenance of aircraft and equipment; and
- The ability to accurately apply standard safety precautions and practices according to established protocols, safety guidelines and existing legislation.
Typically, the successful candidate will hold a valid Canadian Aircraft Maintenance Engineer's license with an M1 rating, with direct related experience on multi-engine turboprop aircraft. Experience with Hawker Beechcraft Kingair B200 aircraft, Pratt Whitney PT6 maintenance, and previous certification on powered mobile equipment including forklift, scissor lift, and aircraft towing tug is an asset. Documented structures training and experience and/or an ‘S’ rating is an asset.
What We Offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- Positive, inclusive work environments;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Training and support;
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave; and
- Advancement opportunities.