New Job Administrative Assistant In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $43,462–$49,704 a year
Location : Manitoba
AY3 Administrative Secretary 3
Department of Consumer Protection and Government Services
Real Estate Services, Asset Management
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 41056
Salary(s): AY3 $43,462.00 - $49,704.00 per year
Closing Date: May 17, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Real Estate Services Branch (RESB) transacts land sales and acquisitions (including expropriations) and administers land leases on behalf of the Province of Manitoba, ensuring that the government's land dealings achieve value for money and are conducted in a professional, fair, open and transparent manner.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Experience performing administrative duties in an office environment
- Excellent written communication with experience proofreading, editing and formatting correspondence with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and effectively manage tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive material in a confidential and professional manner.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team, building relationships with team members, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of real estate transactions and documents related to real estate transactions
Under the general direction of the Manager of Administration and Finance, the incumbent is responsible to provide administrative support to RESB staff in the day to day administration of Land transactions for the Province of Manitoba. This includes preparing time sensitive files for LVAC hearings, handling incoming Requests for Services, regular administrative support duties (mail, filing, copying, searches, updating tracking spreadsheets, other duties as assigned), as well as working with the administrative support staff as a team to provide administrative support for all areas of the office as required. The incumbent works as part of a team with the other administrative support staff to ensure adequate coverage for all areas of the Branch.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.