New Job Administrative Assistant In Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $57,466–$66,426 a year
Location : Yukon
This is an until–filled competition. Candidates are encouraged not to delay submitting their application as this posting can close at any time with 24-hours posted notice. Resumes will be screened at regular intervals until the position is filled or the competition closes, whichever is earliest.
Administrative Assistant, Pelly Crossing
Health and Social Services
This posting is for one full-time permanent position working 75 hours bi-weekly at the Pelly Health Centre
Reporting to the Primary Health Care Nurse In Charge, this position provides program and administrative assistance to ensure effective and efficient support to programs, services, and Community Nursing activities as they are delivered at the community health centre; provides reception services and perform other duties. The Pelly Health Center is also a fast-paced environment that requires strong organizational skills.
The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant is providing support to the health care team and the clients while maintaining the legal and ethical bounds of client confidentiality.
In addition to a competitive salary and regular leave (vacation leave, sick leave, special leave, etc.), as a permanent employee and working in the community, you will also have community allowance and travel bonus. The successful candidate is responsible for locating and securing their own housing - this is not provided by Yukon Government. To find out more about Pelly Crossing, please visit here
For more information about this position, please contact Sarah Curtis, Manager, Community Nursing at [email protected] (do not send your resume here)
For assistance on how to apply on this posting, please contact E-Recruitment Client Support at (867) 667-9453 or [email protected] (do not send your resume here)
For all other questions on this posting, please contact Jaime Strachan, HR Consultant at (867) 332-5768 or [email protected] (do not send your resume here)
Please do not email resumes to the email addresses above; applications will only be accepted through the E-Recruitment system. Before you apply, please make sure you are eligible by visiting our E-Recruitment website here
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications listed below – specifically – how your work experiences and related duties align with these essential qualifications. Note that selection for further consideration will be based on the information you provide in your resume, including the use of YG’s “month/year – month/year” formatting standard.
- Experience providing customer service in a high-volume environment, preferably in a health care setting.
- Experience providing a broad range of administrative support in an office environment, including answering phones and directing calls, collaborating with other offices, services and supports, collecting and processing financial transactions, e.g., invoicing, arranging, and taking payments
- Recent experience using a variety of computer software (Microsoft, Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Experience maintaining paper and electronic file management systems, including data entry
- Experience working with sensitive information in highly confidential settings
Candidates who have education, and experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Understanding of effective client support and confidentiality
- Computer skills and working-knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of electronic filing and/or patient management systems
- Ability to adapt to and implement change
- Ability to prioritize and function with multiple interruptions
- Ability to provide exceptional customer services and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
Conditions of Employment: TB Screening, RCMP security screening vulnerable sector check, Valid Class 5 driver’s licence, WHMIS 2015 (within one month of hire), HIPMA (within one month of hire)
Job Requirements: This position works in an office setting. Extended periods of time are spent working on a computer preparing correspondence, reports, etc. (60% of the time). A large part of the job requires the incumbent to work with sensitive, confidential personal information. Ability to lift 15 lbs
To learn more why the Yukon Government is recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, please select the following link: Top Employers for Canadians Over 40 (2020)
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out these links: The Yukon Life Travel the Yukon
Check us out: Working at the Yukon government