New Job Turfcare Staff In Manitoba
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $15–$17 an hour
Location : Manitoba
FULL TIME SEASONAL (Mid-March to November weather dependent)
Established in 1923, Niakwa Country Club is a private golf facility located in Winnipeg, MB. 2023 is a significant year for Niakwa as it will be celebrating its 100 anniversary as a club. Niakwa has a history of hosting large events such as the 2011 Canadian Amateur, 2014 Manitoba Amateur, 2016 Players Cup and the 2021 Manitoba Mid-Am. Niakwa provides a true golf experience and maintains a high standard of excellence.
Individuals will assist in all areas of daily golf course preparation. Individuals will work closely with and under the supervision of the Assistant Superintendent and Team Leads. Daily tasks include:
· Operating mowing equipment both walking and riding
· Bunker maintenance
· Daily course setup
· Sodding projects
· Irrigation repairs and upkeep
· Detailed oriented tasks
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to be a part of our 29-person team. Niakwa is a fun team-oriented place to work. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, dedicated, reliable, and organized.
· Ability to work efficiently with others as well as individually
· Must be able to work early mornings (Start times between 5-6am)
· Must be willing to work in all weather conditions (Rain or Shine)
· Must understand that the job is physically demanding
· Average 40hrs weekly but must be flexible.
· Overtime when required
· Must be able to work weekend shifts
· Fundamental understanding of the game of golf is an asset
· Access to golf course and practice facilities throughout the season
Qualified individuals are invited to apply for what will be a special year at Niakwa!
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 8 months
Salary: $15.00-$17.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- WINNIPEG, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location