New Job Records & Legislative Coordinator In Ontario
|Records & Legislative Coordinator|
Records & Legislative Coordinator
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Summary of Position
The Records and Legislative Coordinator will be responsible for implementing policies and procedures related to the management of the Corporation’s records. This position is responsible for supporting the Records Management program and providing assistance to all corporate departments.
- Two (2) year Post-secondary diploma in a related field.
- Archival Selection Training; Certified Records Manager Diploma, Municipal Administration Diploma or Municipal Law Certificate considered an asset.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a municipal or related setting.
- Two (2) years of direct records management experience.
- Working knowledge of municipal legislation/regulations including Municipal Act, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Vital Statistics Act and Municipal Elections Act.
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and interpersonal skills in order to achieve collaboration, support and cooperation on projects and assignments.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management capabilities in order to plan out and meet (internal) project timelines and legislated deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in order to interact effectively, tactfully and courteously with the public, vendors and all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency with electronic applications for agenda management, records management and election management.
- Under the direction of the Deputy Clerk implements policies, procedures, guidelines, programs and practices related to the management of the corporation’s official records Implementation and maintenance of the Records Management System, in paper and electronic formats, providing assistance to all service areas. Administers the Records Management By-Law ensuring that service areas adhere to the policies and procedures associated with the retention and disposal of records. Conducts audits to assess compliance with records management policies, procedures and practices. Reviews and makes recommendations for amendments and updates to the By-Law.
- Under the direction of the Deputy Clerk, act as committee secretary for certain advisory committees; to prepare agendas, take minutes, provide support for any follow up action as required.
- Implements and maintains the corporate classification system for all Town records, conducts and maintains an inventory of municipal records; identifies and classifies all file subjects. Assigns retention dates and disposition to new records.
- Maintains the Corporation’s inactive and archival records within the Records vault; provides records retrieval services for all Town departments; manages the physical transfer of records to and from Town buildings.
- Support for Records Management Software training and assistance in the design of reference materials for training purposes.
- Provide support for end users of Records Management Software upon request.
- Provides general administrative support to Clerk’s office, as required, to ensure deadlines and objectives are achieved, including provision of ongoing support to one or more Council committees.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Aware of safe work practices relating to job responsibilities and have basic understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act as it relates to the work environment.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures for the Town.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.