New Job Quality Control Analyst 6 Month Term In Manitoba
|Quality Control Analyst 6 Month Term|
Quality Control Analyst 6 Month Term
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Vita Health Products Inc. is a leading manufacturer and distributor of natural health products and over the counter pharmaceuticals in Canada. G.W. Seier founded Vita Health Products in Winnipeg, Manitoba in 1936. Since then, the company has grown from a small mail-order operation selling herbs and patented medicines into one of Canada's foremost suppliers of over-the-counter (OTC) pharmaceutical products and natural health products.
Based in Winnipeg – the geographic centre of Canada – Vita Health has over 220,000 square feet of manufacturing, packaging and distribution facilities; in addition to a sales and customer support office in Toronto, Ontario.
Vita Health provides private label manufacturing, as well as contract manufacturing and export services.
Contract manufacturing services provide start to finish solutions, including:
· Overall project management from concept to commercialization
· R&D trial work, engineering studies, process validation, protocol and report writing
· Method development, validation and transfer
· Stability studies
· Bulk compression, coating and two-piece encapsulation
· Bottling, cartoning and blister packaging
· In-house artwork design
· Product registration and regulatory affairs support
· Quality control testing (analytical, microbiology, impurity)
· Quality assurance oversight
Quality Control Analyst
Under the direction of the Quality Control Supervisor, the Quality Control Analyst is responsible for conducting HPLC/UPLC Testing on OTC, NHP bulk products and raw materials which includes keeping complete and accurate records of all tests performed in accordance with cGMP and GDP guidelines.
Duties will include:
· Test samples using various analytical and physical techniques
· Collect and analyze data, perform calculations and statistical analyses of data
· Perform sample analyses to support process validation and stability program
· Perform peer review of laboratory analysis data
· Write and revise standard test methods (STMs)
· Provide Out-of-Specification investigation support
· Perform preventive maintenance and calibration of equipment
· Receive and log-in test samples for analysis
· Clean laboratory glassware and equipment
· Perform other related duties as assigned
We are seeking candidates with practical chemistry and analytical work experience. Qualified candidates must have a B.Sc. or College diploma with minimum 2 years of experience of conducting HPLC/UPLC testing, as well as general laboratory techniques including ICP, FTIR, Karl Fisher, titrations, and physical analysis methods. Mathematical skills and/or experience in statistical analysis techniques, word-processing, and experience with graphics and spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Excel are considered assets.
Preference will be given to candidates who work with precision and accuracy and are capable of performing and mastering new techniques effectively. Further, the candidate must be willing to comply with strict laboratory testing deadlines, be able to take initiative, be an independent thinker and worker as well as function exceptionally in a multi-departmental team environment. The incumbent will also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be familiar with GLPs and GMPs. Experience in a QC environment in Pharma/Biopharma is considered an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- What is your email for us to contact you?
- This is a 6 month term position, are you comfortable with this?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Quality Control: 1 year (preferred)
- HPLC/UPLC testing: 2 years (preferred)