New Job Project Director, Early Learning & Child Care Expansion In Nova Scotia
|Project Director, Early Learning & Child Care Expansion|
Project Director, Early Learning & Child Care Expansion
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $7,608–$9,510 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Education & Early Childhood Development
Type of Employment: Term
Union Status: Exclusion - Non Union - NSPG
Closing Date: 1/20/2023 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development is leading the transformation of the early years and public education system in Nova Scotia. We are doing this by designing an innovative curriculum, facilitating excellence in teaching and learning, ensuring an inclusive education experience, and working closely with our partners. This department is a perfect fit for those that want to be part of the future of early learning and child care and public education in the province by supporting children, students, and families with a strong foundation for success in a progressive and responsive policy environment.
About Our Opportunity
We’re looking for an exceptional results-oriented strategic thinker and tactical leader who shares our vision of transforming the system of early learning and child care in the province – one that focuses on creating quality programs that are inclusive, affordable, and accessible.
Working collaboratively as part of the Early Years Senior Management Team, this role will focus on expanding the supply of high-quality, regulated early learning and child care spaces in family home and centre-based settings to meet the overall demand in Nova Scotia while ensuring the needs of marginalized families and equity-seeking groups at the forefront of decision making.
In this exciting role, you will work in a highly collaborative team environment which will require close coordination with others to achieve success. The successful applicant will have demonstrated their commitment to diversity and inclusion and will actively promote and encourage the importance of teams, people, partnerships, diversity, and culture in all aspects of their work.
- Leads the development and implementation of a province-wide plan for the expansion of early learning and child care spaces;
- Uses data, research, and information on best practices to support evidence-based policy recommendations on space expansion priorities;
- Engages a broad range of partners, including experts, to advise on the space expansion commitments identified as part of Nova Scotia’s Canada-Wide Early Learning Agreement and Nova Scotia’s Action Plan;
- Identifies supports needed to enable the creation of new spaces in targeted regions and for underserviced communities and populations;
- Partners with service providers, including child care operators, indigenous and francophone partners, and others, to ensure a broad range of communities have access to and are part of planning for high-quality, affordable, and inclusive child care services;
- Leads working groups associated with early learning and child care space expansion and supervises expansion project staff; and
- Leads project status updates, develops change management strategies and supports ongoing stakeholder communication/engagement planning.
Qualifications and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with at least 5 years of related experience.
- Proven track record in a leadership role where you have built and led diverse, inclusive, multi-disciplinary teams where people thrive and produce results.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in multiple project and portfolio management, policy and program research and development, procurement and budgetary processes, and risk management/mitigation principles and practices.
- Experience with projects provincial in scope and dealing with capital finance planning preferable. Experience overseeing capital growth projects is an asset.
- You possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to establish trusted partnerships with senior representatives of non-governmental and governmental organizations.
- You value a diverse and inclusive environment and work well within a team and independently.
- You possess strong research, analytical, negotiating, and facilitation skills, with the ability to develop and achieve goals and objectives.
Leadership competencies required at this level of work are Decisiveness, Strategic Orientation, Developing Others, Team Leadership, Self-Awareness, and Personal Impact, Effective Interactive Communication, Partnering and Relationship Building, and Intercultural and Diversity Proficiency.
If this sounds like you, apply to join our team and embark on this exciting new opportunity!
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
The Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offerings and eligibility criteria.
- Have a valid Nova Scotia driver’s license.
- Work in a comfortable office setting.
- Periodic travel to other locations within the province may be required.
- Your normal work week is 35 hours/week, 7 hours/day.
This is a 2-year term position
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace. Our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in. We have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless Career Paths.
- Department Specific Flexible working schedules.
Pay Grade: EC 13
Salary Range: $3,804.02 - $4,755.01 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
Current government employees may access this posting through the link below:
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected].