New Job Meter Installer - Residential In Ontario
|Meter Installer - Residential|
Meter Installer - Residential
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Meter Installer – Residential
Public Works – Operations Support
2 Regular Full-Time Positions
CUPE Local 966 Public Works
Reporting to Supervisor/Foreperson Meter Operations you will perform manual and equipment operating duties of various maintenance or operational functions. You will install, repair, test and complete maintenance functions on meters.
- Visits new residential installations and installs meters and remote reading devices. Installs Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) associated electronic equipment on customer telephone lines and programs AMR interface unit as well as programming electronic registers
- Liaises with builders, sub-contractors and customers in the field to access for meter installs and repairs. Reports plumbing or access deficiencies to builder, owner and supervisory staff and recommends corrective action in order to complete installation or repair work
- Accurately completes daily timesheets which include all pertinent meter installation and repair information
- Investigates customer complaints regarding high/low bills and installs appropriate equipment to profile customer consumption patterns
- When customers stop and drain valves are inoperative, installer is required to locate and operator curb stop
- Investigates reported irregularities of meters by visually checking the meter and register for deficiencies and assists customers in detective and fixing internal plumbing leaks
- Obtains meter reads, replaces meters when necessary and reports on the condition of the existing meter.
- Verifies final registered subdivision plan, noting discrepancies compared to actual construction
- Inspects meter and associated equipment and reports findings, taking immediate action to repair problems
- Required to identify and enter a confined space to install, repair or replace water meters
- Accountable for all tools, equipment and vehicles assigned
- Reports health and safety hazards, applying safety precaution and procedures in connection with the duties performed as required by WHMIS, MTO regulations and OHSA, ensuring to follow Regional policies and procedures including the use of safety equipment and attire
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Completed high school diploma or equivalent education
- Minimum of 2 years construction related experience including plumbing experience
- Physically able to perform the requirements of the position
- MOL Water Meter Installer (WMI 800) Certified
- Experience completing forms and reports, ensuring accuracy of details
- Valid Class G driver’s license in good standing
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English
- Independent worker with ability to produce results with minimal supervision
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who are currently in the CUPE Local 966-Public Works bargaining unit.
Location: 2 Copper Road, Brampton, ON
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/ , or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated , a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.Additional Information:
The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process, upon request. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accessible formats and communication supports are available. Please contact [email protected].
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.