New Job Leader, Aquatic Team In Yukon
|Leader, Aquatic Team|
Leader, Aquatic Team
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Job posting closes: January 19, 2023 at 0500 p.m. Yukon Standard Time
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
This position is covered by a collective agreement between the City of Whitehorse and the Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees Union.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Aquatic Team Leader
The incumbent assists with the development, operation and delivery of aquatic programs, activities, services, and special events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Instructor/Lifeguard duties.
- Provide input into and support the development, operation and delivery of aquatic programs, activities, services and special events for various age and interest groups.
- Provide leadership, guidance, training, orientation and support for aquatic staff and volunteers.
- Perform administrative duties including maintaining records and entering data in computer system.
- Communicate, liaise and respond to enquiries from internal staff, participants and the general public.
- Maintain and support effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Perform light custodial maintenance and minor repairs to facility and equipment.
- Follow and ensure reporting staff follow, so far as are reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
- Other related duties.
This position contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Majority of work is performed under public recreation setting environment with some exposure to noisy conditions and bodily fluids. Hours of work between 05:30 and 24:00, Sunday to Saturday. Regular evening and weekend work is required.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Grade 12.
- 2 years of Aquatic Lifeguard/Instructor experience plus 3 months on the job training.
- Water Safety Instructor or equivalent
- Standard First Aid, Level C CPR + AED.
- National Lifeguard Pool Option.
- Lifesaving Instructor certification.
- Aquatic Fitness Instructor Certification.
- RCMP Vulnerable Sector check.
- Participate in training sessions in accordance with certification requirements.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills.
Certifications required within one year:
- Certification in one of the following:
- Aquatic Fitness Instructor Trainer
- National Lifeguard Instructor
- Lifesaving Instructor Trainer
- Water Safety Instructor Trainer
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
First aid and a variety of sporting equipment and general office equipment including computer skills to operate software programs related to ERP system, spreadsheets, word processing, electronic mail, presentation software, recreation software, etc.
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/our-government/employment/how-to-apply/. If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at [email protected].
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview.