New Job Head Cook – 2023 Summer Ministry Team In Yukon
|Head Cook – 2023 Summer Ministry Team|
Head Cook – 2023 Summer Ministry Team
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $18 an hour
Location : Yukon
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
Mission Statement The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
Core Values The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary:
The preparation of meals for campers and staff, as well as operation of the kitchen.
This is a fixed term position at 40 hours per week. There is one position available.
Start Date: July 2, 2023
End Date: August 25, 2023
- Work with the menu as established by Hospitality Coordinator.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of all meals.
- Responsible for general functioning of the kitchen and staff.
- Ensure compliance with the Canada Food Guide, Food Safe, and all other applicable health regulations.
- Responsible for receiving, checking and storing food orders.
- Encourage, mentor and supervise the work of support staff in the kitchen.
- Develop and implement staff training and work schedules in conjunction with the Hospitality Coordinator.
- Assist in the constant cleanliness and sanitation of freezers, walk-in fridge, stoves and food preparation surfaces.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and food.
- At the end of the summer camping season, assist the Hospitality Coordinator in making an inventory of supplies and food. Prepare all food supplies for storage.
- Participate in camp cleanup at the end of each camp with emphasis on the cleanliness of kitchen.
- Attend staff devotions when possible.
- Ensure living accommodations is kept clean and tidy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have FoodSafe certification.
- First Aid
- Be flexible and have a good disposition.
- Work within the total camp program and cooperate with other staff members.
- Be loyal to the aims, policies and regulations of the camp.
- Maintain a responsible level of maturity and leadership.
- Be familiar with Summer Staff Manual, and all procedures and resources.
- Perform any task beyond those assigned as required.
- All Staff are required to be in their private quarters by 11:00 pm each night.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your supervisor of your intentions as soon as you know your application is being considered- normally at the stage where you are being interviewed.