New Job Development Engineer In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $75,966–$108,523 a year
Location : Alberta
Are you interested in working with the City's Planning Coordination Section, reviewing development proposals and submissions? Consider this role as a Land Development Engineer! This position will be responsible for reviewing drainage engineering proposals and submissions from all stages of private land development.
With a focus on the City of Edmonton’s Cultural Commitments to Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, you will:
- Review and respond to consultant submissions of planning documents and engineering reports, to ensure that land development proposals comply with the City's bylaws, policies, standards, approved servicing concepts, and adjacent plans.
- Collaborate with other City departments to establish comprehensive and holistic infrastructure requirements that accompany newly proposed developments in the City.
- Advise on servicing agreements, detailed engineering drawings and development permits, to ensure that City’s interests are upheld throughout the land development process.
- Respond to servicing and development inquiries from developers, engineering consultants, the public, and other review agencies like Transportation, EPCOR, Parks, etc.
- Prepare reports and responses to or on behalf of senior management, City Council, and other departments in regard to servicing and development issues
- All work is to be performed in accordance with the Drainage Services Environmental Management System (ISO 14001)
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering is required
- A Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation in good standing with APEGA is required
- Knowledge of engineering principles and standard practices related to hydrology, hydraulics, and drainage planning, design, and construction is required
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible engineering experience in the planning, design, and construction of municipal drainage systems is an asset
- Familiarity with the land development process in Edmonton is an asset
- Understanding of the funding mechanisms for drainage facilities and knowledge of drainage bylaws is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills with experience in solving complex and sensitive issues
- Demonstrate service excellence, embracing diversity and promoting inclusiveness
- Demonstrate alignment with the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, fostering an environment for others to do the same. For more information on the City’s Cultural Commitments, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Demonstrate the foundational competencies, key behaviours and attributes of the City’s six leadership competencies: Courage, Inclusivity, Values-Based Influencer, Collaborative Networker, Systems Thinker and Creative Innovator. For more information on the City’s leadership competencies, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Applicants may be tested
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies, and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework here: https://bit.ly/3hd2d95.
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact [email protected].
COVID-19 Notice: The City of Edmonton has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.
For more information, please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (bit.ly/3lKwb6j) and COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure (bit.ly/39BICMt)
Up to 1 permanent full-time position
Hours of Work: 36.9 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Salary: $75,966.04 - $108,522.91 (Annually)
Talent Acquisition Consultant: JA/SG