New Job Coordinator, Community In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $47.08 an hour
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 1506
Affiliation: CUPE Municipal
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Fixed Term Duration: Approximately eighteen (18) months
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 70 hours bi-weekly
Department/ Branch: Public Works, Parks
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Pay Level: PL12
Rate*: $ 47.08
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 15/01/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
All CUPE job rates are currently under review and are subject to change.
Under general supervision, the Coordinator, Community develops strategic community partnerships that enable citizens and user groups to develop community programs, projects and events; operate facilities; and establish systems to empower community ownership. Areas of focus may include recreation/sport, culture/arts, heritage, beautification, and community/recreation facility related programs, events and initiatives.
Research and design special events, programs, and projects to encourage active participation in recreation/sport, culture/arts, beautification and community/recreation facility related programs, events and initiatives that enhance quality of life.
- Liaise and build relationships with agencies and groups and remain the primary contact for assigned program development and support areas.
- Analyze resources and goals for community programming with groups and provide solutions and recommendations.
- Facilitate workshops, provide technical advice and guidance, and assist agencies and other local organizations to achieve their plans and ongoing community development and capacity building.
- Develop and/or evaluate plans, reports, and strategies to ensure community needs are met to optimize service levels and encourage community pride and ownership.
- Lead community engagements in alignment with other internal departments and as required for recreation/sport, culture/arts, heritage, beautification and community/recreation facility related programs, events, and initiatives.
- Plan and develop advertisement and promotional campaigns for programs and events relative to these programs.
- Research and access grants and canvasses for donations, gifts-in-kind, and corporate sponsorship for cost containment.
- Provide administrative functions including the preparation of Council reports, administrative briefing notes, business planning, policies, and budgets.
- Proactively seek opportunities to create positive customer service experience, assist members of the public, and provide excellent customer service.
- Manage all required work related to branch events, programs, and projects within the approved budget.
- Manage events and programs as required in areas where pre-identified community gaps exist and coordinate a variety of volunteer related programs and services.
- Coordinate all internal resources on behalf of community organizations hosting events and activities in the region.
- Assist in the creation and responsible for the management of various agreements/contracts.
- Assess programs and projects to ensure that municipal workplace safety policies and procedures are in place and are followed.
- Ensure the use of community development principles in project implementation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Proven planning, programming, leadership, and team leading skills.
- High degree of interpersonal, communication, and group process skills.
- Sound project and time management skills are required to manage multiple projects, events, and programs effectively and efficiently.
- Proficient in various computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; and PDF templates and forms).
- Requires tact, diplomacy, and professional courtesy to coordinate and collaborate efforts/resources to achieve optimum service levels.
- Promotes creativity by proposing innovative ideas and new solutions to problems.
- Strong multitasking skills and the ability to manage a high volume of deliverables simultaneously.
- Knowledge and proficiency in applicable occupational health and safety regulations relating to community programming and events.
- Works collaboratively and productively with co-workers and actively contributes to team objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree in related discipline (Recreation/Sport Administration, Arts/Culture Administration, Community Development, or equivalent) combined with four (4) years of related experience
- Diploma in related discipline (Recreation/Sport Administration, Arts/Culture Administration, Community Development or equivalent) combined with six (6) years of related experience.
- Project Management courses and certifications are assets.
- Valid First Aid and CPR-C certification are required.
Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search for review and acceptance.
- A valid Class Five (5) Operator’s Licence is required as incumbent will be required to operate a personal or municipal vehicle for business use on a regular basis.
- Must be medically and physically able to perform all duties of the position on an ongoing basis.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible for understanding and actively participating in the RMWB’s health and safety management system, including all policies, practices, procedures, as well as properly utilizing all control measures including the required use of personal protective equipment. All employees must take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of themselves and others, as well as immediately report any concerns, near misses, incidents, and hazardous conditions to their supervisor.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.