New Job Coordinator, Aquatics In Yukon
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Job posting closes: January 19, 2023 at 0500 p.m. Yukon Standard Time
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
This position is covered by a collective agreement between the City of Whitehorse and the Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees Union.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Job Code: 241
The incumbent provides professional and administrative support in developing, coordinating, delivering and evaluating aquatics programs, activities, services and special events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, research, plan, develop, schedule, deliver, implement, promote, organize and evaluate a variety of diversified aquatics programs, services and special events.
Promote the benefits of aquatics, special events, services and facilities utilizing various marketing strategies (website, publications, etc.).
Provide guidance, orientation, coordination and scheduling to aquatics program instructors, leaders, support workers, volunteers and staff as required
Liaise and collaborate with stakeholders including marketing initiatives, availability of space, equipment, materials, instructors, volunteers, support workers, etc.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with various stakeholders.
- Perform administrative duties including conducting research, compiling statistics and preparing reports.
Respond to or refer public inquiries, distribute information and provide customer service activities.
Assess community needs for program development and administration.
- Participate in "Service Leader" roster.
Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
Other related duties.
This description contains the elements necessary for the identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Majority of work is performed under public recreation setting environment with some exposure to noisy conditions and bodily fluids. Hours of work between 0500 and 2400 hours, Sunday to Saturday. Evening and weekend work is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Completion of Grade 12.
- 3 years progressive experience including 6 months at a supervisory level and 6 months on the job training
- Lifesaving Instructor certification
- National Lifeguard certification
- Swim teacher certification
- Aqua fitness instructor certification
- Standard First Aid and CPR to level C and AED
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS)
- RCMP Vulnerable Sector check
- Good organizational skills, prioritizing and ability to multitask with minimal supervision
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Class 5 Drivers’ License.
Must be willing to obtain additional certifications as required including but not limited to:
- Lifesaving Instructor Trainer (LSIT)
- National Lifeguard Instructor (NLI)
- Firs-Aid Instructor (FAI)
- Aqua fitness instructor trainer
- Swim Instructor Trainer (I Can Swim, Red Cross or Lifesaving Society)
- Pool Operators 1 - willing to obtain
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
Vehicle, first aid equipment and general equipment including computer skills to operate software programs related to ERP system, recreation database, spreadsheets, word processing, electronic mail, presentation software, etc.
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/our-government/employment/how-to-apply/ .If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at [email protected].
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview.