New Job Cabin Leader – 2023 Summer Ministry Team In Yukon
|Cabin Leader – 2023 Summer Ministry Team|
Cabin Leader – 2023 Summer Ministry Team
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $14.50–$14.75 an hour
Location : Yukon
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
Mission Statement The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
Core Values The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary:
Oversee and holistically care for the cabin group as assigned by the Program Director.
This is a fixed term position at 40 hours per week. There are ten positions available.
Start Date: July 3, 2023
End Date: August 20, 2023
- Actively participate in the camp program and strive for its smooth running.
- Oversee cabin group.
- Work closely with Program Director in assigned duties.
- Treat all campers with the utmost dignity and respect. Refrain from yelling at campers.
- Ensure that the health, happiness and personal development of each camper is your priority.
- Encourage the participation of each camper in all activities.
- Maintain and enforce the rules and regulations of the camp at all times.
- Guide the spiritual growth of campers through love, understanding, patience and example.
- Broaden the interests of the campers and be innovative in offering cabin activities.
- Conduct cabin devotions and be willing, at any time, to lead a child to Christ.
- Immediately notify DCYS/ACYS of any disclosure of abuse. Promptly report disclosures on Incident Report Forms.
- Actively participate in options and facilitate as required.
- Participate in camp clean-up at the end of each camp.
- Encourage spiritual growth.
- Attend all staff devotions (unless excused by the DCYS’).
- Ensure living accommodations is kept clean and tidy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Experience working with children and youth.
- Be flexible and have a good disposition.
- Work within the total camp program and cooperate with other staff members.
- Be loyal to the aims, policies and regulations of the camp.
- Maintain a responsible level of maturity and leadership.
- Be familiar with Summer Staff Handbook, and all procedures and resources.
- Perform any task beyond those assigned as required.
- All Staff are required to be in their private quarters by 11:00 pm each night.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your supervisor of your intentions as soon as you know your application is being considered- normally at the stage where you are being interviewed.