New Job Assessment Review Board Clerk In Alberta
|Assessment Review Board Clerk|
Assessment Review Board Clerk
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $28.13–$35.30 an hour
Location : Alberta
The City of Edmonton Assessment Review Board is a quasi-judicial tribunal that hears all complaints relating to property assessments, business revitalization assessments and local improvement taxes in Edmonton. This Board relies heavily on the efficiency and great eye for detail of their Tribunal Clerk. We are now looking to fill this role with a self-motivated individual who can perform various administrative tasks including working with one of Alberta's largest pieces of legislation, the Municipal Government Act.
Duties will include:
- Develop and maintain a solid working knowledge of the Assessment Review Board policies and the legislation that governs assessment complaints
- Participate in the daily operational activities of the Assessment Review Board including accurate data entry, filing of documents, booking rooms, preparing hearing materials, recording meeting minutes, maintaining website, and general office duties as required
- Review and assess the validity of a complaint and determine what type of hearing (preliminary or merit) is required
- Schedule hearings in Posse, including processing withdrawals and amended notices
- Accurately process cheque requisitions and journal vouchers. Compile complaint and fee statistics in POSSE.
- Propose changes to the systems supporting the Tribunals and test them in the User Acceptance environment
- Train and supervise temporary clerical staff when needed
- Develop and deliver presentations to Board members
- Provide assistance to stakeholders at front counter, via telephone and email
- Completion of the 12th school grade, including business subjects with emphasis on general office practices, or completion of an appropriate certificate program from an approved business school/college
- Possession of the Assessment Review Board Clerk Designation (Alberta Municipal Affairs Certificate) or ability to obtain Certification
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible and diversified related office experience in a fast-paced highly legislated environment
- Proficiency in database programs including Google Suite, Excel, Powerpoint and Google Mail
- Experience using POSSE is an asset
- Knowledge of the Inovah cash system and ability to train others in its use is an asset
- Basic understanding of quasi-judicial tribunals and their processes, the Municipal Government Act, Interpretation Act and various City Bylaws is an asset
- Strong problem solving abilities and outstanding customer service skills
- A proven ability to handle conflicting immediate priorities in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy in data entry and filing of documents
- Ability to plan, coordinate and supervise the work of subordinate
- Demonstrate alignment with the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, fostering an environment for others to do the same. For more information on the City’s Cultural Commitments, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Demonstrate the foundational competencies, key behaviours and attributes of the City’s six leadership competencies: Courage, Inclusivity, Values-Based Influencer, Collaborative Networker, Systems Thinker and Creative Innovator. For more information on the City’s leadership competencies, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework here: https://bit.ly/3hd2d95.
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact [email protected]
COVID-19 Notice: The City of Edmonton has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.
For more information, please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (bit.ly/3lKwb6j) and COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure (bit.ly/39BICMt).
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Up to 1 temporary full-time position for up to 11 months
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week
Salary: $28.125 - $35.296 (Hourly)
Talent Acquisition Consultant: RD/MZ