New Job Security Officer In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $19.09–$22.23 an hour
Location : Manitoba
BG2 Security Officer 2
Department of Health
Selkirk Mental Health Centre, Shared Health
Advertisement Number: 100050
Salary(s): BG2 $19.09 - $22.23 per hour
Closing Date: January 3, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Selkirk Mental Health Centre is looking for casual Security Officers to join our team. Selkirk Mental Health Centre (SMHC) is a 252-bed facility that provides specialized inpatient mental health and acquired brain injury treatment and rehabilitation services through five specialized patient programs: Acute, Geriatric, Rehabilitation, Forensic and Acquired Brain Injury. For more information see www.gov.mb.ca/health/smhc.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Must provide a satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check and Valid Class 5 drivers licence
- Ability to manage the physical demands of the position which may include lifting/moving heavy objects/people, running between buildings, walking around the grounds in inclement weather
- Must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts and flexible hours including days, evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays and overtime as required
- Experience providing security services, including: patrolling, escorting, responding to emergencies, security camera surveillance.
- Experience managing emergency situations effectively and responsibly
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for the purpose of effectively interacting with patients and staff.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions using sound judgment.
- Ability to work productively as a member of a team.
- Experience using Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NCI) techniques.
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures.
- Knowledge of Mental illness.
The Security Officer is responsible for providing safety and security for approx 600 staff, 252 patients, visitors and the general public. All duties are carried out in order to augment the treatment services provided at Selkirk Mental Health Centre (SMHC) to assist patients in their recovery and re-integration into the community while demonstrating a commitment to the vision, values, goals and objectives of the Selkirk Mental Health Centre including a strong commitment to patient safety.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.