New Job Receiving Coordinator In Ontario
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Employment Type: Regular
Bimbo Canada is a market leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread, bakery and snacking products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Stonemill,® McGavins,® Oroweat®, Vachon® and Takis®. The company operates 16 bakeries and employs approximately 4,200 associates across Canada. Bimbo Canada pursues the goal of creating value by being at the forefront of manufacturing and service delivery innovation in the baking industry through the continued improvement and refinement of its supply chain network. Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and food service operations across Canada with a robust offering of both branded and private label products.
- Develop and supervise employees and related activities on a shift.
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, JHSC recommendations or MOL work orders, Company Safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Provide performance management counseling and/or progressive discipline in a timely fashion when required.
- Take initiative and exercise timely and good judgment in day-to-day business decisions.
- Learn, develop and exhibit behaviors consistent with Canada Bread’s “Leadership Values”.
- Assist in accident investigation and take an active role in WSIB case management and ensuring early and safe return of injured workers to modified and/or productive duties.
- Responsible for receiving incoming ingredients and shipments and shipping out production to required warehouses on time and in required quantities
- Reports and improves on the supply of warehouses, communicates and documents transactions, including invoicing
- Assists in managing inbound raw and packaging materials to meet production requirements including inventory accuracy, minimizing write-offs and new product introductions
- Manages the warehouse to meet housekeeping standards, organized and assigned ingredient allocation, inventory control and management
- Responsible for insuring all received items meet all quality requirements including completion of all related paperwork
- Provides innovative solutions and continuous improvement initiatives to upgrade the department
- Transfer of pertinent information to and from head office
- Communicate with transport dispatch and other plants and third parties
- Back up to the Receiving Supervisor
- This position will work typically afternoon shift
- Must be knowledgeable and be able to follow GMPs, Food Safety and Health & Safety requirements
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & WORK EXPERIENCE
- The successful candidate will possess a relevant post-secondary education
- Previous experience in a unionized food, dairy, beverage or packaged goods industry is a definite asset
- Ability to communicate and work with all relevant associates, stakeholders and resources in a frequently changing and challenging supply chain environment.
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented; strong organization skills with sound prioritizing abilities.
- Effective problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision in a fast-paced team environment.
- Solid computer skills including AS400 systems; exposure to Oracle systems is an asset
- At least 2 years’ experience in shipping/receiving supervisor preferably in a food, unionized environment
- Knowledge of health and safety standards, regulations and best practices.
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada Company, Limited are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity, equity and belonging in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Bimbo Canada Accessibility at [email protected].