New Job Learning & Performance Advisor (Yeg) In Alberta
|Learning & Performance Advisor (YEG)|
Learning & Performance Advisor (YEG)
Company : Canadian Air Transport Security Authority
Salary : $69,845–$87,362 a year
Location : Alberta
he Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) has one (1) exciting fixed-term opportunity until March 29, 2024 within the Operations branch at the Edmonton Airport (YEG).
This position represents an opportunity for career-driven individuals seeking a position within an organization that inspires growth and promotes excellence to make a difference and contribute to CATSA’s unique culture as it strives to excel in air transport security.
Why is CATSA a great fit for you?
CATSA is world leader in aviation security and screening with a mandate to protect the public. A Crown corporation, it features a mix of public service and private sector diverse backgrounds in which is reflective of the varied background of its employees. CATSA encourages innovation and creativity and offers a healthy and diverse workplace where employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves and feel energized and proud.
If you are a motivated professional seeking a position within a multifunctional and collaborative environment and you are looking for the next great adventure, CATSA is the place for you!
Summary of responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, Regional Performance , the Learning and Performance Advisor is responsible for training, coaching and certifying screening officers (SOs) within a designated geographical region using the National Screening Officer Training and Certification program and the Ongoing Professional Development program. The Learning and Performance Advisor performs all other duties and responsibilities related to the position as required.
What you need to succeed
To qualify for the position, you must have:
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a specialization in Education or another speciality relevant to the duties of the position;
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience as an instructor in an adult learning environment;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience conducting practical assessments and evaluations;
- Knowledge of various training methods (e.g. classroom training, web-based training, on-the-job training, etc.).
This position is best suited to individuals with the following skills and abilities:
- Strong ability to present information in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment;
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances;
- Highly developed coaching and mentoring skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills and detailed-oriented;
- Strong creative problem-solving skills;
- Ability to take initiative;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines.
Valuable skills include:
- Experience in training technical, customer service and security related courses;
- Experience in delivering training in a variety of methods (classroom, web-based, on-the-job training, etc.);
- Experience in airport/security industry;
- Designation as a Certified Training and Development Professional;
- Knowledge of CATSA's mandate and priorities, as well as an awareness of relevant legislation impacting CATSA;
- Knowledge of the aviation industry and the related regulatory and security issues.
Specific work requirements
- Ability to work overtime as required;
- Ability to travel extensively as required (possibly on short notice);
- Language Profile: Enlglish Essential
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
How to apply:
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position, please click on the following link to submit your application before January 2, 2023 by 11:59pm EST.
Please note that candidates that meet all the position requirements, including the language profile, will be given first consideration however, we invite all interested candidates to submit their applications;
While we appreciate all the candidates’ interest, only those being considered in the process will be contacted;
CATSA will use this opportunity to establish a candidate pool that may be used to staff permanent or fixed-term positions with similar responsibilities and qualifications;
CATSA is dedicated to an inclusive selection process and work environment. If you require an accommodation, please advise the Human Resources representative when you are invited to meet with us regarding this employment opportunity.
Inclusion & Diversity
As an employer committed to a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates in designated groups - women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities - to apply and self-identify by answering the questions on the online application form.