New Job Labourer - Waterworks In British Columbia
|Labourer - Waterworks|
Labourer - Waterworks
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $30.48 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Labourer - Waterworks
Status: Temporary Full Time
Department: Engineering Operations
Salary: $30.48 per hour
Closing: January 8, 2023
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
This is manual maintenance and construction work of some variety and complexity, which requires the performance of skilled and semi-skilled tasks. The duties may involve hazardous working conditions, specialized skills, and the incumbent may be assigned to various supervisors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Considerable experience in civil construction and Municipal maintenance work. Some training and knowledge in the operation of small power equipment such as saws and rollers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and materials used in civil construction and Municipal Maintenance work;
- Must have the ability to understand, carry-out and effectively communicate to fellow employees, oral and written instructions from a supervisor;
- Considerable skill in the proper and safe use of a variety of hand and power tools related to the work;
- Ability to keep simple records of the work performed;
- Sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to perform heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions;
- Ability to respond to after hours emergencies;
- Must show independence of judgment in the performance of duties and work with a minimum of supervision;
- Knowledge of and ability to operate: small rollers, a variety of power saws, jack hammers, oil sprayers, vibrators, concrete mixer and drive light duty trucks.
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
A valid class 5 BC Driver's License with a safe driving record is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- You must have an interest and ability in dealing with the public, be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
- The position will require the individual to perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled manual tasks.
- May be required to operate a variety of equipment, tools and drive a light truck from Operations Centre to a/or between job sites.
- Duties may include performing functions such as a pipefitter, pipe layer’s helper, hydrant servicing and general maintenance of the water system.
- You may also be required to work in the Sewers and Roads division on a as need basis.
This is a temporary full-time position for approximately six (6) months which may be extended or concluded at any time based on operational needs. Please note there are five (5) temporary full-time positions available.
Please note the expected start date for this position is February 27, 2023.
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting [email protected].
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : Experience an asset