New Job Environment, Government & Industry Relations Intern / Co-Op In Ontario
|Environment, Government & Industry Relations Intern / Co-op|
Environment, Government & Industry Relations Intern / Co-op
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer.
TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Co-op/Intern Programming is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles, and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
- Daily media scans: environment news, competitor activities related to environment, UNEP FI news
- Provide updates to GIR, others internally as relevant
- Maintain the Green Teams blog, posting at least once a week
- Register for relevant virtual events, sign up for newsletters and provide updates to the team/on the blog (e.g. GLOBE)
- Review of Canadian and US insurers to understand who is doing what with respect to consumer education (slides with links / examples for each insurer, and a rating for Canadian and leading US insurers on their public site education effectiveness)
- What are Canadian insurers doing on ESG issues: their strategies, thought leadership, media, everything
- Research Canadian insurance industry activities focused on addressing the effects of climate change and social issues (e.g. financial inclusion) as they relate to home, auto, life, health, and travel insurance:
- What are competitors doing that we aren't?
- How do TDI's activities compare to the competition on the Home and Auto side? On the Life and Health side?
- Where should we be doing more? Where are we in the lead?
- Provide support to the EGIR Home and Auto insurance lead on documenting climate change issues as they relate to the insurance industry
- Provide support to the EGIR Life and Health insurance lead on documenting climate change issues as they relate to the insurance industry
- Support planning for Seneca conference, Advisory Board meetings, partner activities with Nature Conservancy of Canada, Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction etc.
- Support all Green Team activities, research and recommend new activities, focus on virtual/remote opportunities
- Assist with documenting activities for 2021 PSI disclosure
- Update presentation about how employees can help take action against climate change, support delivery/deliver presentation as appropriate
- Attend meetings and events with team members as appropriate
- Current enrollment in a relevant post-secondary program
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Strong communications skills with positive personality and willingness to accept challenges
- A strong analytical mind with attention to detail and desire to learn and grow
Assigned Line of Business Requirements
Please note that the line of business that you are assigned to may require specific skills not mentioned in this posting
Early Talent Requirements
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence May 1st- August 25th
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Category - Primary