New Job Divisional Analyst In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $4,621–$6,062 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 34663
Ministry: Technology and Innovation
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: December 20, 2022
Classification: Subsidiary 02B 3625 Program Services 2
As the Divisional Analyst, you will work as part of a team that contributes to the objectives of the DIPS division. You will aid with requests for information in the areas of Operational, Strategic, and Financial Divisional Reporting and Contract management.
Your responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Manager, Divisional Services and/or Divisional Advisor with acknowledging and clarifying the request as well as gathering information from the division
- Researching and analyzing legislation, policies, and procedures as required for ad hoc information requests
- Assisting in coordinating responses to assigned requests within legislative timelines and parameters
- Identifying any problems that arise in the requests within the department e.g. delays in the records retrieval process and presenting any ideas for solutions
- Identifying sensitive issues and complexities with respect to the request and brings to the attention of the Divisional Services team
- Consulting with the program area on the business context of records that relate to the request
- Reviewing and analyzing records for responsiveness in the context of the request
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Respond accurately in a clear and courteous manner via telephone, online, or in writing to general questions about the process
- Be approachable, flexible, tactful, and reliable team member contributing to a positive work environment
- Foster positive relationships through excellent communication with internal and external stakeholders
This position may be eligible for remote work within Alberta.
A two-year diploma in a related field, supplemented by at least two (2) years of related experience is required. See below for equivalencies.
Other requirements include:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience researching, analyzing and referencing legislation and policy, procedures, regulations
The following will be considered assets:
- Experience handling confidential information
- Presentation and training experience
- Familiarity with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act, Personal Information Protection (PIPA) Act, Records Management Regulation, Information Management and Technology (IMT) Standards, etc.
A related university degree and no related experience; a related one-year certificate and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience; or a minimum of four (4) years of related experience.
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
Systems Thinking: Seeks insight on the implications of different options and identifies unintended consequences.
Creative Problem Solving: Breaks down problems into small parts and is open to others’ perspectives and aware of their own.
Agility: Takes opportunities to improve work processes and works creatively within guidelines.
Build Collaborative Environments: Facilitates open and respectful conflict resolution and genuinely values and learns from others.
$2,310.48 - $3,030.81 bi-weekly ($60,304 - $79,104 / year)
This position is a permenant, full-time role with the standard weekly work hours of 36.25, Monday to Friday.
Must reside in Alberta to work remotely.
What we offer:
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Research Alberta Public Service Careers tool –
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Liliane Karara at [email protected]
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check