New Job Customer Care Agent In Saskatchewan
|Customer Care Agent|
Customer Care Agent
Company : City of Saskatoon
Salary : $28.45–$31.37 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Division: Strategy and Transformation
Department: Organization Strategy Execution
Term: 1 Permanent Full Time position(s) available.
Closing Date: 12/20/2022
Labour Group: CUPE 59
Under the supervision of the Service Saskatoon Customer Care Centre Supervisor, this position is responsible to provide support and information to customers regarding civic programs and civic services to ensures an exceptional customer experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives, documents and responds to a variety of emergent and non-emergent customer inquiries, service requests, concerns and complaints through various communication networks. Compiles, records and tracks customer feedback.
- Communicates information to the citizens verbally and in writing ensuring responses are communicated as outlined within corporate processes and established service levels.
- Provides 24 hour – 7 days a week program and service support for the Citizens of Saskatoon.
- Provides professional in-person customer service and customer care by educating citizens on availability and use of online services.
- Utilizes all functions within and supports training of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Manages and maintains information in the corporate knowledge database.
- Updates communication for service alerts on the City website.
- Responds to or redirects customer inquiries to the appropriate department and performs customer call backs after inquiry investigations, or as requested by Supervisor.
- Receives and dispatches work to field staff, prioritizes calls according to urgency and importance and communicates with emergency services, as required.
- Dispatches crews, vehicles or other field units to appropriate locations by use of radio, phone or computer. Monitors the route and status of field units to prioritize work schedule. Provides field units with information about work orders, traffic, obstacles, and requirements.
- Acts as a liaison with scheduling groups and field staff to ensure work is completed and arranges overtime callouts as determined by established protocol.
- Contacts Management on-call groups during emergency situations and for approval of additional staff in order to maintain service levels,
- Provides suggestions and feedback to improve services offered, departmental processes and procedures citizen services-based knowledge and experience.
- Assists with the training of new staff, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a recognized business college; OR, graduation from a recognized one year post-secondary business related program.
- Four years’ related customer service and operational dispatch experience, including resolving concerns of customers and experience working in a customer service business systems Hosted Contact Centre and CRM.
- Typing speed of 55 w.p.m.
- Successful completion of, or ability to complete successfully, recognized customer service training.
- Knowledge of office principles, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, best practices, methods and/or tools used to store and deliver information such as interactive media, social media, or publication.
- Ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to remain calm and composed when faced with emergent situation
- Ability to deal courteously, tactfully and effectively with customers.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret information in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, contractors and civic employees.
- Skill in the care and use of office equipment, including computers, with Microsoft Office software, and online computer terminals.
Shift work and weekend work will be involved.
Weekly Hours: 40
Salary Range: $28.45 to $31.37 CAD per hour (2022 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the City commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. By having our workforce reflect the community we serve, we support the realization of miyo-pimatisiwin, (me-o-pi-ma-ti-si-win) “the good life”, for all residents. To learn more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the City, please visit Saskatoon.ca/diversity
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected].