New Job Community Services Administrative Assistant In Alberta
|Community Services Administrative Assistant|
Community Services Administrative Assistant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $30.88–$32.50 an hour
Location : Alberta
This position provides administrative, clerical, and basic financial support to the Parks and Public Works Department within the Community Services Division as required. This position primarily supports the Infrastructure and Waskasoo Park Services (I&WPS) section of Parks. This position also provides customer service support and reception internally and externally.
- Successful completion of a one year diploma from a recognized college in Secretarial Science, Office Administration, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in an administrative position that included considerable public contact and customer service. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Developed ability and skill in utilizing common business software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook OneNote, and ability to learn and adapt to new and emerging software(s) as business need requires.
- Ability to type 50 wpm accurately.
- Competencies: In addition to the 9 Core Competencies* identified for all employees of the City of Red Deer – the following are specific to this position:
- The ability to effectively communicate while dealing with the public, other staff members and other City Departments within a hectic and sometimes critical environment of public complaints and emotional situations.
Must have good listening skills, speak clearly and concisely, and able to respond courteously to public inquires and criticisms.
- A demonstrated proficiency at working independently using initiative to prioritize and complete duties and workload efficiently in a multi-tasking team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality when working with confidential material and subject matter.
- Knowledge of municipal governance and administrative processes.
- Demonstrated ability to carry through on commitments with precision and ability to attend to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately produce, type, and assemble material from rough notes, handwritten information and conversations to a professional quality document.
- Ability to acquire and retain knowledge of The City organization and relevant policies and procedures and keep informed of current City issues.
- Must be prepared to continue the learning process and show an aptitude to personally enhance skills with respect to technology.
Affiliation: Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 417
Remuneration: $30.88 to $32.50 per hour.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours biweekly, as scheduled. Tuesdays, Thursdays and alternating Fridays.
We thank you for your application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.