New Job Circulation Assistant (Regular, Part-Time) In British Columbia
|Circulation Assistant (regular, part-time)|
Circulation Assistant (regular, part-time)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $28.56–$30.73 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Are you outgoing, energetic and customer-oriented? Join our exceptional public service team providing front-line service in the circulation section of the library. As a Circulation Assistant, you aim to create an exceptional customer experience. You understand the significance of face to face interactions and warmly welcome everyone who visits the library.
Main responsibilities include: checking in and out of library materials using automated library software; dealing with customer accounts and new customer registrations; using RFID technology; handling monetary transactions; sorting and filing; processing of new materials; promoting library services; and answering general and directional questions in person and over the phone.
This is a regular, part-time position, working 4.5 hours per week. The current hours of work are:
- Sunday: 12:30PM to 5:00 PM
These hours may be supplemented with additional hours, and are subject to change due to operational needs.
Please note that employment with the Port Moody Public Library is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory criminal records search. Applicants must be over 16 years of age.
- Secondary school graduation (Grade 12).
- Some knowledge of the library and its functions and procedures.
- Minimum six months of related experience, preferably working in a customer service position in retail or the hospitality industry. Experience with handling monetary transactions. Previous public library experience is highly desirable.
- Strong service commitment, flexibility, and willingness to assume a variety of assignments.
- Personable, with a desire to continually learn.
- Ability to contribute positively to and work effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both customers and colleagues.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and deal with difficult customer interactions.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload to ensure efficiency.
- Solution oriented and self-motivated.
- Experience working with computers including proficient keyboarding skills.
- Ability to sort and file alphanumerically.
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the position (lift and carry books; push and pull carts of library materials; reach to place materials on library shelves; stand for several hours).
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the required qualifications as stated in this job posting.
Applicants are advised that it is a condition of employment with the City of Port Moody that a successful candidate who is not already employed by the City provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject only to human rights-based accommodation in applicable circumstances.