New Job Senior Financial Analyst In Northwest Territories
Senior Financial Analyst
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : $92,000 - $111,000 a year
Location : Northwest Territories
The Department of Health and Social Services works under the direction of the Minister and Deputy Minister, in partnership with the Health and Social Services Authorities, to support the health and wellbeing of people across the NWT through planning, development, evaluation and reporting on program and service delivery.
HSS is committed to the development and provision of quality services in such a way as to make the best use of public resources, ensure the sustainability of the system, focus on client safety and best practices and promote positive health and social outcomes. HSS strives to continually improve the health and social service system to ensure best health, best care, and a better future for the people of the NWT.
The Senior Financial Analyst (Senior Analyst) provides independent and objective analysis, evaluation, advice and reporting for the Department of Health and Social Services. This position is also responsible for maintaining and reporting on tangible capital assets and monitoring compliance in accordance with the Financial Administration Act, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and departmental policies and procedures.
Located in Yellowknife and reporting directly to the Assistant Director, Financial Research and Analysis, the Senior Financial Analyst provides independent advice and analysis on programs, initiatives and strategic plans that have financial impacts. The position monitors compliance with Financial Management Board (FMB) direction and all governing authorities and legislation. The reporting, submissions and recommendations prepared directly impact planning, resource allocation, financial and policy issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP);
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and internal control in order to assess compliance with governing authorities;
- Knowledge of financial planning and budgetary development concepts;
- Proficiency in the use of computers, spreadsheets, managing large data sets and making linkages among various sources of data;
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and evaluation skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing for day-to-day duties as well as for reports, presentations and providing instructional training;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Ability to work with people in an effective, tactful manner;
- Ability to prepare and run system generated reports;
- Ability to interpret, analyze and prepare financial statements and reports;
- Ability to interpret and assess financial policy documents;
- Ability to design and develop financial procedures;
- Ability to develop and deliver effective and appropriate presentations and training.
Typically the qualifications for this position would be attained through a Bachelor's degree in a financial field and three (3) years of related experience.
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.