New Job Senior Accountant, Peg In Newfoundland And Labrador
Senior Accountant, PEG
Company : BDO
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service, and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.Your opportunity:
Our St. John's office is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Private Enterprise Group team and own the following responsibilities:
- Provide full cycle accounting and bookkeeping services in a cloud based environment
- Efficiently work on engagement assignments, including reviews, Notice to Readers, and payroll for a variety of businesses
- Perform reconciliations of bank accounts, journal entries, as well as handle accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Preparation of regular external filings, such as HST completion of routine account analysis and bookkeeping assignments following established procedures
- Preparation of month end reporting packages, financial statements and related information
- Responding to queries and correcting errors identified by Senior staff
- Data entry; payroll processing, including input, validation and testing
- Identify payroll data discrepancies outside of the norm and work with management on corrective actions
- Process government remittances and statutory and non-statutory deductions for each pay-period (EI, CPP and EHT)
- Communicate regularly with our clients, government agencies and other staff members.
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- You have a minimum of 3 years of hands on, in depth bookkeeping experience.
- A post-secondary education in Accounting or Finance is considered and Asset.
- You have proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs (Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Experience using software such as QuickBooks Online and Sage 50 or similar operating systems is an asset.
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
We enable you to engage with the firm's strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
- Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Earn your CPA Designation
At BDO, we are committed to the success of students pursuing their CPA designation. We provide pre-approved programs across our 100+ offices, mentorship and support, reimbursement of exam fees, enrollment in Canada’s leading CFE prep course, and flexible options for study leave in order for you to be successful.
Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
As a hybrid workplace, all BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client and remotely unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place. To protect the health and safety of our people, clients and communities, we require all partners and employees to be COVID-19 fully vaccinated in order to enter a BDO office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine due to medical reasons or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page.