New Job Project Engineer, Land Development In British Columbia
PROJECT ENGINEER, LAND DEVELOPMENT
Company : WSP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
METRO VANCOUVER, BC
WSP is currently seeking a Project Engineer, Infrastructure to join our Infrastructure group, located at our New Westminster, Howe Street or Langley offices. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, this position will work on Municipal and Land Development projects for residential, institutional, commercial and industrial projects. You will apply your experience on preliminary engineering, due diligence reports, detailed engineering design, proposal development, project management, and other related activities.
- Due Diligence reports;
- Preliminary design;
- Site grading / earthworks calculations;
- Detailed Design of roadworks and site servicing including water supply systems, storm & sanitary sewers, stormwater management, lot grading, streetlighting and erosion and sediment control during construction;
- Contract Administration;
- Proposal development; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Civil Engineering with at least 5 years of progressive experience in the design of land development and municipal infrastructure projects;
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng. in British Columbia, or eligibility to be registered;
- Knowledge of Lower Mainland land development markets with established local client relationships is an asset;
- Experience with all levels of municipal government, construction contractors and developers;
- Excellent written and verbal communications, and presentation skills;
- High attention to detail, and an ability to work well as a team player; and
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil3D as well as municipal infrastructure modelling software is an asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
New Westminster, BC