New Job Procurement Business Partner In Manitoba
Procurement Business Partner
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $59,406 - $74,801 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
A detailed position description is available upon request. Flexible work options available.
The Procurement Business Partner will work closely with government departments and the Manitoba Broader Public Sector to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships. Act as primary contact and subject matter expert for all department related procurement inquiries.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Post-secondary education in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Knowledge of the competitive procurement cycle.
- Knowledge in demand planning and spend analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistency, with ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Effective time management and demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook in particular); Proficiency in Power BI is an advantage.
- Strong political acumen skills.
- Knowledge developing communication plans.
- Knowledge in managing a variety of stakeholders with competing needs.
Reporting to the Manager, Client Services, the key responsibilities of the Procurement Business Partner are to develop and maintain strong client relationship management strategies, communication plans, coordinate government wide procurement requirements, and facilitate collaboration across the broader public sector. Coordinate demand plans for procurement in collaboration with designated departments, ensure timely alignment of demand plans to achieve procurement objectives., provide demand planning reports to management, train and support designated departments on creating demand plans and using the demand planning tool, conduct spend analysis across departments as well as the broader public sector partners, develop risk and opportunity summaries based on spend analysis.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.