New Job Manager, Land Development In Alberta
Manager, Land Development
Company : WSP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Manager to lead our Calgary Land Development team, located in our Calgary office. Reporting to the Manager, Infrastructure, the successful candidate will provide technical, management and financial leadership, as well as client management to our business practice. The position will be responsible for leading the local team for the Calgary region in project management, design coordination, and business development on land development projects for residential, commercial, and industrial projects. Growth of the team and the local WSP market share will be key objectives.
- Provide leadership to a team of technical staff delivering land development projects;
- Responsible for overall resource management, including recruitment, team building, staff development and performance management. Implement and track career development plans for staff within the department to support skills development, effective succession management, career pathing and staff retention. Responsible for the salary review process for the unit in collaboration with business line management and the HR department;
- With the support of the leadership team, coordinate business development efforts within the region, including the building, managing and maintaining of client relationships. Through these strong relationships, the Manager will help to identify opportunities in the project pipeline and gather data/insights to support preparation of effective proposals. Engage staff in business development initiatives as appropriate;
- Work with Project Managers to monitor the overall performance of projects being undertaken, ensuring effective and proactive management of project finances, scope, schedule, quality and effective client service. Provide leadership and support to ensure consistent and effective use of corporate project management tools.
- Establish discipline-specific strategies, budgets, goals and objectives consistent with, and supportive of, broader Business Line and Corporate strategies;
- Monitor and manage overall workload and staffing levels within the department to maintain overall utilization at target levels. Work with the Leadership and other Managers to support inter-office collaboration and resource/work sharing to balance workloads and meet project delivery objectives across the discipline;
- Support business improvement and growth initiatives, providing effective leadership and change management to engage staff;
- Drive productivity, motivation, and performance. Ensure compliance with established quality and production procedures. Provide leadership to sustain a culture of continual improvement and client satisfaction;
- Providing senior review and professional authentication of memos, reports, drawings and other engineering documents;
- Liaise with clients, consultants, regulatory and utility agencies, and contractors;
- Uphold the company’s core values and maintain Health and Safety at the highest level; and
- Other duties as assigned
- While the Manager is involved in billable work, your utilization and project commitments must be managed to ensure an appropriate level of attention to the primary management, leadership and growth responsibilities;
- Provide project management, engineering and technical expertise; Project components include project planning, studies, preliminary design, final design, and services during construction in; Residential / Commercial / Industrial neighborhood subdivisions; High density residential / Institutional / Commercial / Industrial on-site developments;
- Cross-disciplinary design supervision and design coordination, preparation of construction plans and bid document specifications, office engineering construction support, and contract administration.
- Degree in Civil Engineering OR Diploma in a Civil-related technology;
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer / eligible for registration with APEGA OR a Certified Engineering Technologist / eligible for registration with ASET;
- Knowledge of the Calgary and Alberta land development markets with established local client relationships is a definite asset;
- Experience with all levels of municipal government, construction contractors, and developers;
- Excellent written and verbal communications, and presentation skills;
- High attention to detail, and an ability to work well as a team player;
- Must possess a proven track record in business development; and
- Must be both a leader and a team player
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.