New Job Executive Director In Prince Edward Island
Company : Prince Edward Island Trails Inc.
Salary : $24,000 - $25,000 a year
Location : Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island Trails is seeking an Executive Director. Reporting to the President of Island Trails, the Executive Director (ED) will have advisory and operational responsibility for the execution of the organization’s mission. This is a part-time role requiring the successful candidate to work approximately 20 hours per week dependent on the season.
Finance and Administration
- Oversee the daily operations of the organization including addressing questions and concerns from the public.
- Organize and maintain records.
- Work closely with the Board to coordinate board activities, trail maintenance and event planning.
- Recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals.
- In conjunction with the Treasurer, responsible for fiscal management of the organization. This may involve categorizing expenditures for specific projects.
- Coordinate Board and Committee meetings.
- Manage Island Trails revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations.
- Track, evaluate and communicate program updates to the Board.
Fundraising and Communication:
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Enhance the image of Island Trails through active and visible engagement with government and other organizations
- Identify funding opportunities with federal, provincial and other agencies.
- Collaborate with the Board in preparation of funding proposals and ensures timelines for proposals are met for successful proposals.
- Effectively communicate the work of Island Trails both internally and externally.
- May be required to represent the organization and increase awareness by being the spokesperson and liaison with local media.
- Manage Island Trails social media channels and webpage, including merchandise sales and distribution.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Island Trails’ mission. All candidates should have proven administration, communication, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Highly organized, independent and self-motivated.
- Previous experience working with not-for-profit organizations.
- Experience setting and achieving strategic objectives, and managing a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors and Executive Team.
- Strong community relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Action-oriented, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people including volunteers and professionals.
- Province wide travel is required. The successful applicant must have access to a vehicle.
- Familiarity with local hiking trails and enthusiasm for the outdoors are considered assets.
About Island Trails
Prince Edward Island Trails, Inc. (Island Trails) is a not-for-profit organization that was established in 1994. It lobbied for the creation of a recreational trail for non-motorized use from abandoned rail beds. This resulted in the creation of the Confederation Trail which is part of the Trans Canada Trail system. Since then, Island Trails has developed and maintained trails across the Island. It actively supports the promotion, development, and enhancement of PEI’s network of trails for healthy recreation, and educational use.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment. If you require special accommodation at any stage in the selection process, including technical aid to ensure an equitable assessment of your qualifications, please let know us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2021-11-12
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $24,000.00-$25,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability