New job Administrator, Network in Yukon
Company : City of Whitehorse
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Job posting closes: Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 5:00 pm Yukon Time
An Eligibility List may be established from this job posting – The duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full – time, permanent part-time, temporary full – time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies based on the requirements of the organization within the same classification. Future vacancies for similar positions will be filled by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
This position is covered by a collective agreement between the City of Whitehorse and the Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees Union.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Job Code: 083
Department: Business and Technology Systems
The incumbent provides technical network administration, support, and maintenance for the City’s network, telecommunications and connectivity infrastructure and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer, install, configure, update, maintain all computer networks, segments and related IT environments including but not limited to LANs, WANs, Internet, Intranet, routers, switches, firewalls, wireless and radio network, communication devices, etc.
- Administer network software and network logical components and manage licenses.
- Administer telecommunication hardware and software including landline telephones, IP telephony (VOIP), mobile devices, radio network and radio device end-points, etc.
- Determine and analyze IT network requirements. Design, deploy, and maintain the integrity of networks, telecommunication and related infrastructure. Conduct periodic network needs/impacts assessments. Monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of IT network and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on technical matters relating to IT networks and related equipment.
- Secure and maintain integrity of IT network and services by maintaining robust privacy and security activities and by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation as required.
- Compile IT network Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), metrics, and statistics. Create and maintain network and systems documentation (diagrams, charts, plans, etc.) and reports. Record and maintain inventories, licensing, account management, standards. etc.
- Provide input into various departmental objectives including but not limited to: budget, policies, procedures, standards, business and services continuity, disaster recovery, data backup strategies, plans and processes, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of IT projects, services, processes, and the deployment of systems and application.
- Adhere to IT Service Management (ITSM) and Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) principles and project management methodology and best practices
- Coordinate, prepare, process and evaluate purchasing instruments (i.e. RFP’s, RFQ’s, contracts, purchase orders, etc.) in compliance with procurement practices
- Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned.
Majority of the work is performed under normal office conditions. Lifting of equipment will be required occasionally.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Information Technology or a computer related field.
- Industry standard certification (ITIL, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, A+, Network+, etc.)
- 3 year advanced experience in information technology network infrastructure, platforms and service support and 6 months on the job training.
- Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure, attention to details and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with little supervision yet with a strong sense of teamwork.
- Strong client-service orientation and good interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
Computer hardware such as desktop and laptop computers and peripherals, tablets, mobile devices, printers and network hardware (switches, routers, etc.)
Computer software such as Microsoft Windows operating systems, MS Office suite, SharePoint, iOS, Android, enterprise software, corporate systems, etc.
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/departments/human-resources/how-to-apply. If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at [email protected].
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations