New Job Transit Scheduler - 2 Positions In Ontario
|Transit Scheduler - 2 Positions|
Transit Scheduler - 2 Positions
Company : Regional Municipality of Peel
Salary : $69,273–$86,593 a year
Location : Ontario
The transit schedule has two positions :
Public Works – TransHelp
Contract Full-Time; 13 Months
Salary: $69,273 - $87,523 per year.
Work Mode: On-Site
Location: 2 Copper Road, Brampton & 3190 Mavis Road, Mississauga worksites
Hours of work: 35 hours per week including various shifts; Monday through Sunday, 5:00am - 12:00am
TransHelp, TransHelp's client services team, will coordinate the most cost-efficient daily schedule for all trips and rides on TransHelp vehicles and vendors.
What you will do in this role ** :**
- Regularly review schedule changes and quickly analyse and modify schedules for additions, cancellations, no-shows, same-day rides, etc.
- Using the most practical and efficient method, we schedule all trips on a bus or a train.
- Monitoring trip requests and providing appropriate bus schedules to vendors.
- After the check-in time, possible accommodation requests are made.
- On a regular basis, we will update and maintain our schedules.
- Coordinate and schedule internal, external charter requests and group bookings.
- Providing daily schedules to contract vendors via email.
- Receive and respond to scheduling requests, and investigate, resolve and make recommendations.
- Ensures duties are carried out in accordance with the Collective Agreement, TransHelp policy, operating standards and relevant legislation.
- Monitor the performance of scheduled trips, reassigning destinations and/or changing vehicle numbers as needed to ensure on-time performance in the most efficient manner.
- Diggity in accurately reporting incidents, accidents and safety related concerns to the appropriate members of the management.
- The technology and resources to provide accurate information.
- Complete and maintain monthly trip reports. )
- To perform trend analysis and benchmarking.
- Make informed recommendations and provide updates.
- Communicate with external vendors to meet daily trip demands.
- Knowledge of the Peel Regional Municipality service area with good knowledge about street names and major landmarks, including long term care and senior day care facilities.
What the role requires ** :**
- A degree or diploma in related discipline (e.g., transportation, planning) with at least two years of relevant experience in the same field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience can be considered.
- Problem solving and decision making skills demonstrated the ability to provide high quality customer service. '
- Computer skills would be an asset in applications such as MS Office and Trapeze software.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills with effective time management.
- Organized and able to prioritize work, making decisions in a fast-paced working environment.
- Analytical skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
__Why would you love to work for us? ** :**
- Health, dental, vision benefits?
- Automated enrollment in the OMERS Pension Plan.
- Vacation is accrued on a month-by-month basis and may last up to 3 weeks.
- 3 Paid personal days and floating holidays:
- Based on performance, annual performance review and performance increases are based.
- The supportive leadership and a culture of respect for diversity.
Working mode and job location : )2 Copper Road, Brampton & 3190 Mavis Road, Mississauga worksites
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week including various shifts; Monday through Sunday, 5:00am - 12:00am
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
We value being open and transparent with our community, the premier said in a statement. "Skilled and qualified professionals are needed to provide services to the Peel community, regardless of the government's model." The province's government has passed legislation that will dissolve the Peel Region on 1 January 2025.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced COVID-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
The Peel region consists of the cities of Brampton and Mississauga, and the city of Caledon. Peel Region provides essential services to more than 1.5 million residents and about 175,000 businesses.
We are working to create a community where everyone feels they belong and can access the services they need to thrive throughout each stage of life. '' He said.
The workforce is 6,500 strong and has been delivering a wide range of services since 1974. These include paramedic services, Weinstein health programs, long-term care and services for seniors, child care support, road maintenance, financial assistance and recycling.
Recognized by Canada's Healthy Workplace Month® with the Great Employer Award presented by Excellence Canada, Peel Region is a place where everyone feels they belong. We strive to develop a workplace that values and respects diversity, practices inclusion, recognizes the unique contributions and abilities of all people and facilitates innovative thinking. At Peel Region, people come first. Each employee has an important role within our community and when we work together, it’s impactful. We encourage you to join us in delivering essential services and programs to our diverse community. You won't find a better opportunity than Peel Region.
The Peel Region is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone in the region is respected and valued for their contributions, where everyone is treated fairly and has the opportunity to grow and develop.
The Peel region is committed to providing accessible formats and telecommunications support upon request. Please contact zzg-@@@Peel_region_>25119#! Request details: zzz- =----_-_--__-?
Please be advised, the region uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e., testing dates, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly and will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be summarily removed from the competition.