New Job Transit Operator - Bus Driver In Ontario
|Transit Operator - Bus Driver|
Transit Operator - Bus Driver
Company : City of Hamilton
Salary : $28.74–$33.81 an hour
Location : Ontario
What is the best way to learn about Hamilton?
What are the best places to raise a child in Downtown? What do you think about this place being just minutes from the core of our city? How can we achieve its vision? We help.
JOB ID #: 21107
Transit Operator - Bus Driver
Mountain Transit Center
Vacancies: Number of regular hours : various full-time.
INTER-UNION: ATU Local 107 outside.
What is the average 40 hour work week? What are some examples?
SALARY/HOUR: $28.740 - $33.810 per hour
- Note: see appropriate Collective Bargaining or Non-Salary Range for details.
STATUS/LENGTH: Permanent Full-Time
Job Description: Architect. 1136.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Under the general supervision of the Superintendent and the Inspector, you will play a critical role in establishing the tone for the entire customer experience as Transit's first point of contact with all customers. Your commitment to delivering a safe and positive commute experience on every trip, both new and returning customers, aligns with Hamilton Street Railway's vision of becoming the first choice of commute within the city.
Operate safely and in a proper manner, including during adverse weather and road conditions, on a predetermined route and schedule. Working shifts include night, weekends, and holidays.
As the first point of contact, act as an ambassador for HSR in providing unmatched high quality customer service to all transit customers on a daily basis. Maintain a high degree of ethical behaviour and professionalism even under trying circumstances.
A clear mind is the best way to select the best course of action to resolve problems or address conflicts.
What are the three characteristics of a successful recovery from difficult situations?
In carrying out the duties of the transportation operations, be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicles, the safety of all customers and the respect for other road users.
Maintain and adhere to established operations procedures and schedules, and abide by the Highway Traffic Act, the Health and Safety Act, and all other applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
responsible for the collection of fares and issuing transfers while ensuring the validity of transfers and passes. Completes all reports, i.e., accident report, trip report; delays and slips of time are immediately reported and documented. Reports and records all incidents, accidents and injuries.
Understand our client's needs and how their work affects them, ensure diplomacy and objectivity in interactions with customers. Assist customers in a respectful and courteous manner under all circumstances and provide information regarding transportation routes.
Be proactive and help control traffic by reporting other information affecting transportation services, such as route blockages, accident locations, traffic congestion, weather and road conditions.
Perform daily vehicle inspections, regulate heating, lighting, and ventilation etc. Monitor vehicle performance, report any irregularities to control and ensure possession of adequate supplies prior to shift, such as transfers, B.O. cards and schedules.
Even in adverse weather conditions, we must maintain a very high degree of punctuality and attendance to support 24 x 7 transportation operations.
Working in accordance with the provisions of applicable health and safety laws and all relevant corporate/departmental policy/procedures related to Occupational health and safety.
From time to time, perform all other duties as assigned which are directly related with the responsibilities of the position.
- At the time of application, applicants must possess a valid Class G driver's license and a point free driving record (no demerit points). Candidates must provide a recent copy of a driver abstract upon request. Driver abstracts cannot be older than 10 days.
- As demonstrated through previous work experience, strong direct customer service skills, specifically working with the public, are typically acquired through substantial and direct consumer service experience to include conflict resolution, mediation, negotiation, interpersonal communication and problem solving. '
- Per the MTO requirements, he must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a class CZ license.
- able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment, thrive within a minimally supervised environment. Strong time management skills? )
- Past commercial driving experience or bus driver experience would be considered a strong asset.
- Be capable of meeting the physical demands of the job, such as sitting for extended periods of time. Use extreme motion like reaching, gripping, and pulling the steering wheel in a safe manner. They need to wear the required uniform and use appropriate safety equipment.
- Should be able to work all shifts and variable hours (days, afternoons, evenings and weekends) including weekends and statutory holidays.
- Should be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- The successful applicant(s) will be required to obtain, satisfactory to the city of Hamilton, a Criminal History & Judical Matters (CRJM) check at their own expense prior to beginning work in this position.
The incumbent shall be responsible for all workplace health and safety policy and practices.
* *: * *, * - ()
NOTE: Important Dates
- The successful applicant will receive an email invitation to participate in a psychometric assessment on October 20.
- Assessments: October 13- 16
- All candidates are invited to a meeting on October 25.
All virtual candidates meet on November 1.
- Interviews begin November 8
Please add [email protected]To your safe senders list.
Human Resources frequently audits resumes of internal/external applicants to ensure that information provided is consistent and trustworthy. Falsification of information at any time throughout the recruitment process may be grounds for disqualification, and may result in discipline and termination.
The City of Hamilton is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. The city will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process up to the point of undue hardship. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
We invite you to visit the Departmental webpage for further information about this department's culture and business.
The incumbent must comply with all health and safety policy, practices, or procedures for this position.
This posting is open to all applicants on the basis of criteria set out above, it is the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that their application reaches Human Resources by the closing date or they may not be considered. It is also the responsibility of applicants to supply qualifications, licences and related experience relevant to the qualifications outlined above as directed. '
The statements made by me are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any falsification of statements or misrepresentations up to and including termination of applications for internal and external applicants may be considered just cause for discipline.