New Job Training Officer In Alberta
Company : City of Calgary
Salary : $37.79–$50.55 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Training Officer, you will be responsible for needs assessment, curriculum design, program implementation and program evaluation for a diverse range of training initiatives involving multiple mediums. You will also support instructor and staff development, provide feedback on courses and create or deliver various professional development workshops. Primary duties include:
Develop and update curriculum for targeted audiences through a variety of learning formats.
Facilitate and deliver curriculum; lead and guide instructors.
Consult with subject matter experts, internal and external partners to ensure accurate content and effective training.
Research existing internal and external training programs, best practices and trends to support the educational requirements within Emergency Management & Community Safety (EMCS).
Develop criteria for assessing learner engagement and performance, create targeted communication strategies and tools and engage with instructors and participants to ensure clear objectives and expectations.
Evaluate course effectiveness, quality, performance and deliverables, analyze needs assessment results and create, administer and evaluate participant progress.
Develop and complete SMART goals and action plans to overcome learner challenges.
Create and utilize lesson plans, create and monitor program syllabus.
Collaborate and guide training sergeants and SMEs to facilitate training.
- A completed 1 year certificate in a related area (e.g. Adult Education) and at least 5 years of relevant experience, OR;
- A completed 2 year certificate/diploma in Education or Adult Education and at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience as a classroom instructor delivering instructional material to adult audiences is preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Experience with eLearning design software (for example Articulate 360) will be considered an asset.
- Project management and communications experience will also be an asset.
- Success in this position requires well developed interpersonal skills, political sensitivity, emotional intelligence, organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
A security clearance will be conducted.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Emergency Management &
Position Type: 1 Temporary (up to 18 months)
Location: 3705 35 Street NE
Compensation: Pay Grade 9 $37.79 - 50.55 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: September 19, 2023
Job ID #: 308302