New Job Talent Acquisition Specialist In Manitoba
|Talent Acquisition Specialist|
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Company : Wellington-Altus Private Wealth Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Location: This position will be based out of our Winnipeg office.
Founded in 2017, Wellington-Altus Financial Inc. (Wellington-Altus) is the parent company to Wellington-Altus Private Counsel Inc., Wellington-Altus USA Inc., Wellington-Altus Insurance Inc., Wellington-Altus Group Solutions Inc., Wellington-Altus Asset Management Inc., and Wellington-Altus Private Wealth Inc.—the top-rated* wealth advisory company in Canada and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. With more than $25 billion in assets under administration and offices across the country, Wellington-Altus identifies with successful, entrepreneurial advisors and portfolio managers and their high-net-worth clients.
- Investment Executive 2023 Brokerage Report Card.
Reporting to the Talent Acquisition, Lead, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will directly support the planning and implementation of the company’s talent acquisition strategy, acting as an ambassador for the Wellington-Altus recruitment experience. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will drive company growth and operational efficiency by providing direct support to both corporate and existing Investment Advisor team recruitment and will also be directly involved in the ongoing development and promotion of the Company’s talent acquisition strategy.
The incumbent will be involved in several team initiatives, including campus and diversity recruitment, recruitment-related marketing tools/activities (careers website etc.), candidate sourcing, and streamlining recruitment reports and making specialized recommendations to hiring managers. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will also scope recruitment projects and will be directly involved in reducing overall recruitment time and costs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Directly support Investment Advisor recruitment efforts, acting as a resource to Regional Managers.
- Support the full-cycle recruitment process (screening resumes, proactively sourcing candidates, conducting screening calls and interviews, etc.), working closely with the broader HR team to onboard new hires.
- Build an available candidate pool of passive candidates using LinkedIn, job boards, and other social media outlets for “out-of-the-box” searches on an ongoing basis.
- Establish and maintain a pipeline of internal and external candidates for open and future roles.
- Utilize HRIS Applicant Tracking System to track and manage recruitment, including scheduling appointments and facilitating interviewing with hiring managers.
- Leverage outside-the-box recruitment solutions, such as external job boards and LinkedIn candidate pools/InMails as a tool for recruitment sourcing.
- Adapt quickly to changing needs and work requirements; stay up to date on all processes and procedures.
Partnering with HR Team and Hiring Managers
- Work with Executives and managers to understand hiring needs and ensure timely posting and filling of vacancies; follow-up as needed in a timely manner to ensure positive candidate experience.
- Partner with the HR Coordinators and Business Partners to ensure new hires and contracts flow through to HRIS system, payroll etc. in a timely and accurate manner.
- Partner with Hiring Managers to update and/or develop job postings; conducting recruitment project scoping interviews with managers to ensure efforts are strategically in-line.
- Work with the broader Talent Acquisition team to help develop the company’s campus and diversity recruitment efforts, representing the company internally and externally at events with a goal of networking and relationship building with potential candidate communities.
- Create and maintain HR-related recruitment supports with weekly recruitment reporting, interview guides, etc.
- Become an expert on company benefits, share plans, salary, and the corporate environment.
- Ensure data verification activities such as reference checks and background checks are communicated and completed in a timely manner; liaising with Compliance, Legal and/or Operations, where required.
- Accountable to Hiring Managers for delivering results; following up as needed to ensure both the Hiring Managers and external candidates are recipients to an outstanding recruitment experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Bachelor’s degree, Diploma or Certificate or in a field related to Human Resources Management, organizational studies, or business management/administration.
- 5-8 years’ full cycle recruiting experience working in a high growth environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer/client-service facing role.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in the wealth management or other regulated industry is a strong asset.
- CPHR designation and/or RPR designation.
- Bilingual in French and English, both oral and written is considered a strong asset.
- Strong understanding of HRIS systems, UKG preferred, ability to run reports and navigate system.
- Proficiency with the MSOffice suite, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, and Outlook.
- Proficiency with online job boards such as LinkedIn, Associations, etc.
- An ability to demonstrate a high level of accountability, reliability, adaptability, and innovation in accomplishing day to day work and long-term goals.
- Excellent attitude and commitment to providing extraordinary service.
- An excellent attention to detail, with a sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Exemplary interpersonal and influencing skills; an ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively, across multiple mediums (in-person, over the phone, and virtually).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity; highly adaptive and able to manage a large volume of competing priorities.
- Strong critical thinking and written and verbal communication skills.
- Current knowledge of standards and legislation as they relate to human resources and recruitment.
- An ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
Conditions of employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, may be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment.
Wellington-Altus is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.
Click the Apply For This Job button to submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. More information about working at Wellington-Altus can be found on our website at www.wellington-altus.com.