New Job Surge Posting: Industrial Process Engineer In British Columbia
|Surge Posting: Industrial Process Engineer|
Surge Posting: Industrial Process Engineer
Company : Jacobs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Our People & Places Solutions business is an expression of our commitment to improving the lives of people all over the world and highlights the significant positive impact we create through our solutions. These solutions can help us improve our communities and society as a whole, by providing facilities that provide life-saving treatments, clean water, transportation connectivity, and technology access.
Jacobs is a company that empowers individuals to deliver outstanding work, leading them to success and growth. Start your career with us today and for years to come.
Jacobs’ Canadian operations are experiencing continued growth, and a recent surge in long-term program/project work has created an urgent demand to fill critical roles across multiple specialities including Industrial Process Engineering. We are searching for inspired and skilled staff both from within Jacobs and externally; staff who want to develop their careers, and who want to work within a supportive and collaborative work environment in order to evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
About the Opportunity:
Jacobs undertakes exciting and challenging ventures in various fields, including transportation, energy, and security. The primary focus of the company's work is on innovation.
- A Senior Process Engineering position is available in the Montreal, QC area to assist with ongoing and future project work. The successful candidate will serve as a technical lead and subject-matter expert who will provide client-facing support. Additionally, we are currently recruiting for an intern.
- Jacobs' locations across Canada are offering opportunities for Intermediate/Senior Process Engineers to support both current and future projects. Additionally, there are numerous job positions available.
Our company is seeking a Process Engineer who has an aptitude for working on projects that support our client's business. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging engineering tasks and be responsible for meeting client deadlines while also managing their technical quality, with the knowledge of client expectations, scope, budget, and schedule. Additionally, we will offer training opportunities in various industries.
Jacobs specializes in designing, building, and operating highly complex research and development facilities for various industries, including aerospace, defense, nuclear, automotive, or motorcycle applications, wind tunnels, rocket test stands, climatic chambers (including P-37 corvette test aircraft), jet engine test cells, high altitude test facilities, captive trajectory systems, and undistributable facilities such as NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Our projects span across these sectors.
Our job seeks a mechanical process engineer who can demonstrate their work ethic, provide client satisfaction, and deliver important projects within a reasonable time. They must also possess at least 15 years of progressive design experience:
- Construct new designs for advanced facilities by leading project teams, which includes taking control of the technical schedule and budget. This approach is crucial in ensuring the quality of work.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate engineering work without any input by selecting and modifying techniques, procedures, or criteria.
- assessing attributes or work and utilizing appropriate engineering principles and practices.'
- evaluating results from assigned tasks and junior engineers, checking for completeness, accuracy, documentation etc.).
- Creating technical reports and presentations to be shared with project managers and client.
- Verification of other people's work - formal or informal.
- Teaching and coaching young engineers.'
- Corordination with engineers in structural design, machine design functions and instrumentation control, as well as aerodynamics/fluid dynamics specialists.
- Specifying the size and type of materials used, as well as picking out compressors such as pumps or fans for use on other parts like valves, flow measuring equipment, and fluid conditioning.
- Engineering degree: BSc.
- Professional Engineering (PE) licensing is a requirement for any Canadian province, and requires at least 5-10 years of relevant and progressively responsible experience.
- To be eligible for the position in Montreal, QC, individuals must be members in good standing of the Order of Engineers of Quebec (l'ordre des ingénieurs du Québec). Why?
- Have a good command of English and teamwork skills and have the ability to work quickly and efficiently in collaborating with teams with multiple deadlines.
- Experience in process systems, including piping and heating, was also gained through previous design experience.
- Experience with facility design and construction, including pharmaceutical, consumer, chemical, manufacturing, semiconductor, data center, or related industries. Moreover, experience with facility management and design, including pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, chemical manufacturing, semiconductors, and data center industries.
- Knowledge of AMSE B31.1 and B331. Knowledge also of ASME B&PV Code 15.
- Experience with design and/or maintenance of mechanical process systems is preferred. Knowledge of thermodynamics, fluid flow - compressed and non-compressed, thermal sciences, and process science is desirable. However, not required.
- Favorite software choices: AutoCAD, 3D software like AutoPipe, Cajal II, Mathcad and Creo, AFT, etc. Experience with software.
- It would be advantageous to have experience working on projects under alternative funding and procurement models like Design-Build or Construction-Build.
At Jacobs, the work environment is primarily designed for remote locations such as home offices, with an emphasis on traveling to meet with clients/sites and occasionally facilitating team discussions. Nevertheless, this role in Montreal, QC necessitates an integration within Jacobs's team within the client office.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.