New Job Surge Posting: Building Electrical Engineer In Alberta
|Surge Posting: Building Electrical Engineer|
Surge Posting: Building Electrical Engineer
Company : Jacobs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Our People & Places Solutions business is an expression of our commitment to improving the lives of people all over the world and highlights the significant positive impact we create through our solutions. These solutions can help us improve our communities and society as a whole, by providing facilities that provide life-saving treatments, clean water, transportation connectivity, and technology access.
Jacobs is a company that empowers individuals to deliver outstanding work, leading them to success and growth. Start your career with us today and for years to come.
Jacobs’ Canadian operations are experiencing continued growth, and a recent surge in long-term program/project work has created an urgent demand to fill critical roles across multiple specialities including Building Electrical Engineering. We are searching for inspired and skilled staff both from within Jacobs and externally; staff who want to develop their careers, and who want to work within a supportive and collaborative work environment in order to evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
About the Opportunity:
Jacobs undertakes exciting and challenging ventures in various fields, including transportation, energy, and security. The primary focus of the company's work is on innovation.
- Our immediate availability is for a Senior Building Engineering Engineer to assist with ongoing and future project work in the Montreal, QC area. The successful candidate will serve as primarily a client-facing technical lead and subject-matter expert. Additionally, there are no scheduled contracts or public holidays.
- The continuation of opportunities for Intermediate/Senior Building Electrical Engineers is available to support ongoing and future project work in Jacobs' locations across Canada.
We're looking for Electrical Engineers who are excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects at some of the world’s most state of the art industrial and commercial facilities. You’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget, and schedule.
You will work in a multi-discipline, highly interactive team to successfully deliver on the design, development, application, evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered systems and products for building Electrical Systems. You will perform all aspects of electrical engineering and design and independently apply advanced engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline including:
- Create designs that demand innovation and ingenuity, be required to perform work with minimal supervision, review work of the discipline team for appropriateness on completion, and provide technical guidance to drafters/engineers.
- Working with local and remote electrical design teams and other disciplines during the design, construction, and commissioning phases.
- Maintain the quality standards, schedules, and budgets for all project deliverables while also meeting your discipline's.
- Help determine the scope of project proposals, establish necessary design budgets for implementation, and act as a consultant during project presentation.
- Ensure compliance with code and safety requirements by working alongside others as needed in designs.
- Engineering of different electrical building service components within sophisticated facilities, such as power distribution, data transmission, containment, lighting, fire detection, alarm systems, and burglaries. These devices are designed to handle all aspects of these facilities.
- Collaborate with junior staff to offer practical training and guidance.
- Elaborate and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders. This may involve verbal, written, or visual communication.
- Construct engineering designs by utilizing digital tools, and modify or improve existing methods of design, troubleshooting, and validation.
- Defining and implementing best practices across the field of design.
- Identify client requirements and exceed expectations to secure repeat orders.
- Execute site-based visits and assessments at client sites, along with receiving any required training tailored to the client.
- Working within tight deadlines, while still preserving the quality of the output.
- Establish and enforce Jacobs's environmental, health and safety and commercial rules.[M]
- A BSc in Electrical Engineering is required. More...
- Professional Engineering (PE) licensing is a requirement for any Canadian province, and requires at least 5-10 years of relevant and progressively responsible experience.
- To be eligible for the position in Montreal, QC, individuals must be members in good standing of the Order of Engineers of Quebec (l'ordre des ingénieurs du Québec). Why?
- Experience with facility design and construction, including pharmaceutical, consumer, chemical, manufacturing, semiconductor, data center, or related industries. Moreover, experience with facility management and design, including pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, chemical manufacturing, semiconductors, and data center industries.
- Relevant design and engineering experience in the industrial or advanced technology domain.
- Have expertise in engineering and designing electrical systems with low or high voltages.
- ability to interact with other engineering disciplines, customers and vendors on all levels.'
- Have proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit MEP, Navisworks, or Bluebeam, or similar software for developing specifications.
- It would be advantageous to have experience working on projects under alternative funding and procurement models like Design-Build or Construction-Build.
At Jacobs, the work environment is primarily designed for remote locations such as home offices, with an emphasis on traveling to meet with clients/sites and occasionally facilitating team discussions. Nevertheless, this role in Montreal, QC necessitates an integration within Jacobs's team within the client office.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.