New Job Surge Posting: Building Mechanical Engineer In Alberta
|Surge Posting: Building Mechanical Engineer|
Surge Posting: Building Mechanical Engineer
Company : Jacobs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Our People & Places Solutions business is an expression of our commitment to improving the lives of people all over the world and highlights the significant positive impact we create through our solutions. These solutions can help us improve our communities and society as a whole, by providing facilities that provide life-saving treatments, clean water, transportation connectivity, and technology access.
Jacobs is a company that empowers individuals to deliver outstanding work, leading them to success and growth. Start your career with us today and for years to come.
Jacobs’ Canadian operations are experiencing continued growth, and a recent surge in long-term program/project work has created an urgent demand to fill critical roles across multiple specialities including Building Mechanical Engineering. We are searching for inspired and skilled staff both from within Jacobs and externally; staff who want to develop their careers, and who want to work within a supportive and collaborative work environment in order to evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
About the Opportunity:
Jacobs undertakes exciting and challenging ventures in various fields, including transportation, energy, and security. The primary focus of the company's work is on innovation.
- A Senior Building Engineering Engineer is currently being considered for a position in the Montreal, QC area. The successful candidate will serve as primarily a client-facing technical lead and subject matter expert. Additionally, there are ongoing and future project assignments available.
- In addition, Jacobs' locations across Canada are providing opportunities for Intermediate/Senior Building Mechanical Engineers to support ongoing and future project work.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer who is passionate about working with our client's businesses. You will be assigned to work on challenging engineering projects at top-notch industrial and commercial sites. In addition, you will have the opportunity to manage time and quality of tasks while being familiar with client specifications, scope, budget, and schedule.
You will work in a multi-disciplinary, highly interactive team to develop successful designs and systems for HVAC (Helicopter, Engine, and Aircraft), plumbing, engineering, and fire protection systems. This includes all mechanical engineering and design tasks, as well as the ability to apply advanced engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline independently. Additionally, project projects may include electrical instrumentation testing.
- Create designs that demand innovation and ingenuity, be required to perform work with minimal supervision, review work of the discipline team for appropriateness on completion, and provide technical guidance to drafters/engineers.
- Maintain the quality standards, schedules, and budgets for all project deliverables while also meeting your discipline's.
- Help determine the scope of project proposals, establish necessary design budgets for implementation, and act as a consultant during project presentation.
- Ensure compliance with code and safety requirements by working alongside others as needed in designs.
- To collaborate with a team of engineers and designers on construction documents, arrange necessary engineering/design work, assign required tasks, and delegate them.
- Defend project objectives by managing the scope, budget, and schedule.
- In partnership with other disciplines, including electrical engineering, structural engineering and architecture, and process design, they can collaborate and produce designs in real-time.
- Take on the role of leading a plant design activity independently and work alongside multi-disciplinary designers.
- Conduct design work on Mech/HVAC plants across various engineering disciplines using 2D/3D integrated design systems.'
- Perform quality review processes for Mech/HVAC and 2D/3D modelling.
- Engage in design reviews, risk assessment, and vendor evaluations.
- Provide assistance in developing proposals, scopes for projects, schedule changes, and budgeting within the Mechanics/HVAC field.
- involved in up-front due diligence, as well as site selection.
- Make sound decisions when constructing plans or other options and collaborate with teams to ensure the quality of these proposals.
- Conduct lateral activities, such as monitoring the construction process.
- Examine construction submissions to ensure they meet the requirements of the contract and the design documents.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to project engineers, and design engineers working on specific projects.'
- Engineering degree: BSc.
- Professional Engineering (PE) licensing is a requirement for any Canadian province, and requires at least 5-10 years of relevant and progressively responsible experience.
- To be eligible for the position in Montreal, QC, individuals must be members in good standing of the Order of Engineers of Quebec (l'ordre des ingénieurs du Québec). Why?
- Have a good command of English and teamwork skills and have the ability to work quickly and efficiently in collaborating with teams with multiple deadlines.
- Those with experience in facility design and industry, such as pharmaceuticals, consumer/chemical manufacturers, semiconductor factories or data centers, have undergone various stages of wet and dry calculations, specification, detailing, and sizing.
- Mechanical/HVAC systems engineering/design experience?
- It would be advantageous to have experience working on projects under alternative funding and procurement models like Design-Build or Construction-Build.
At Jacobs, the work environment is primarily designed for remote locations such as home offices, with an emphasis on traveling to meet with clients/sites and occasionally facilitating team discussions. Nevertheless, this role in Montreal, QC necessitates an integration within Jacobs's team within the client office.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.