New Job Surge Posting: Building Structural Engineer In British Columbia
|Surge Posting: Building Structural Engineer|
Surge Posting: Building Structural Engineer
Company : Jacobs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Our People & Places Solutions business is an expression of our commitment to improving the lives of people all over the world and highlights the significant positive impact we create through our solutions. These solutions can help us improve our communities and society as a whole, by providing facilities that provide life-saving treatments, clean water, transportation connectivity, and technology access.
Jacobs is a company that empowers individuals to deliver outstanding work, leading them to success and growth. Start your career with us today and for years to come.
Jacobs’ Canadian operations are experiencing continued growth, and a recent surge in long-term program/project work has created an urgent demand to fill critical roles across multiple specialities including Building Structural Engineering. We are searching for inspired and skilled staff both from within Jacobs and externally; staff who want to develop their careers, and who want to work within a supportive and collaborative work environment in order to evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
About the Opportunity:
Jacobs undertakes exciting and challenging ventures in various fields, including transportation, energy, and security. The primary focus of the company's work is on innovation.
- We are currently seeking a Senior Building Structure Engineering engineer in the Montreal, QC area to assist with ongoing and future project work. The successful candidate will serve as primarily a client-facing technical lead and subject matter expert. Additionally, we have an opening for a Junior Project Manager.
- Our team at Jacobs' locations in Canada is currently looking for Intermediate/Senior Building Structures engineers to assist with ongoing and future project work, providing them with continued opportunities.
The Structure Engineering Professional is a crucial member of the design team, responsible for managing significant aspects of structural analysis and design in addition to working with your Structure Lead, other Structure Engineers and Designers, and various disciplines. As part of this team you will assist in developing design ideas, complete analysis/design, as well as collaborate with Designer's to communicate your structural requirements on paper and model. Additionally, you must demonstrate strong communication skills to effectively participate in project development and collaboration within teams.
Your competency in Structured Engineering must include a solid foundation, knowledge of various subject matters, familiarity with Canadian building codes such as seismic requirements, understanding of how construction works alongside other disciplines, and awareness of business trends and industry issues. You will perform all aspects of structural engineering and design work and apply advanced analytical techniques within the discipline, including: construction analysis (e.g. safety), civil engineering; architecture/engineering systems, mechanical principles, sustainable energy, etc.
- The Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, with a concentration in Structure Engineering, is highly regarded.
- The requirement for P.Eng. certification in any Canadian province is at least 5-10 years of experience, which must be progressively responsible and relevant to the position. Additionally, the requirement for a P.E.ng. certification is in all Canadian provinces and is at least five years of relevant experience.
- To be eligible for the position in Montreal, QC, individuals must be members in good standing of the Order of Engineers of Quebec (l'ordre des ingénieurs du Québec). Why?
- Have a good command of English and teamwork skills and have the ability to work quickly and efficiently in collaborating with teams with multiple deadlines.
- Experience with facility design and construction, including pharmaceutical, consumer, chemical, manufacturing, semiconductor, data center, or related industries. Moreover, experience with facility management and design, including pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, chemical manufacturing, semiconductors, and data center industries.
- Have proficiency in constructing customary steel and concrete structures and scrutinizing them.'
- Experience in working in an industrial or general manufacturing facility involving semiconductors.
- Experience with SAIT, Navisworks and Bluebeam.?
- It would be advantageous to have experience working on projects under alternative funding and procurement models like Design-Build or Construction-Build.
At Jacobs, the work environment is primarily designed for remote locations such as home offices, with an emphasis on traveling to meet with clients/sites and occasionally facilitating team discussions. Nevertheless, this role in Montreal, QC necessitates an integration within Jacobs's team within the client office.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.