New Job Surge Posting: Building Structural Engineer In Alberta
|Surge Posting: Building Structural Engineer|
Surge Posting: Building Structural Engineer
Company : Jacobs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs’ Canadian operations are experiencing continued growth, and a recent surge in long-term program/project work has created an urgent demand to fill critical roles across multiple specialities including Building Structural Engineering. We are searching for inspired and skilled staff both from within Jacobs and externally; staff who want to develop their careers, and who want to work within a supportive and collaborative work environment in order to evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
About the Opportunity:
Jacobs delivers exciting and challenging projects across a broad range of sectors including transportation infrastructure, defence & security and advanced facilities.
- We have an immediate opening for a Senior Building Structural Engineer in the Montreal, QC area to support ongoing and future project work. The successful candidate will be able to take on a client-facing role as a technical lead and subject-matter expert.
- We also have continued opportunities for Intermediate/Senior Building Structural Engineers to support ongoing and future project work in Jacobs’ locations across Canada.
As a Structural Engineering Professional, you will be an integral member of the design team, counted on to perform a significant portion of Structural analysis and design for our projects. You will need strong communication and interpersonal skills as you work closely with your Structural Lead, other Structural Engineers and Designers, and other disciplines. As part of this team, you will help develop design concepts, complete the analysis and design, and work with our Designers to get the structural requirements communicated on paper and in the model.
It is expected that you have a solid foundation in the fundamentals of Structural Engineering, knowledge of multiple subject areas, experience with Canadian building codes including seismic provisions, understand how Structural design integrates with and impacts other disciplines, and are building understanding of business trends and industry issues and challenges. You will perform all aspects of structural engineering and design and independently apply advanced engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline including:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a specialization in Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) licensure within any Canadian province is mandatory with at least 5-10 years of relevant and progressively responsible experience.
- Candidates for the role in Montreal, QC must be Members in Good Standing of the Order of Engineers of Quebec (l’ordre des ingénieurs du Québec)
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Facility and/ or Industrial design experience including pharmaceutical/consumer/chemical manufacturing, semiconductor facilities, data center, or similar
- Experience designing and analyzing traditional steel and concrete structures
- Experience in Semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities
- Experience with STAAD, Navisworks, and Bluebeam
- Experience working on projects through alternative finance and procurement models such as Design-Build or Design-Build-Finance would be an asset.
Jacobs offers a hybrid working environment where you will have the opportunity to work mainly from home (unless you prefer coming into the office), with the expectation to travel for client /site meetings and occasional team meetings. However, the position in Montreal, QC requires the candidate to be embedded along with other Jacobs’ team members within the client offices.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.