New Job Supervisor, Sales & Service Representative In Alberta
|Supervisor, Sales & Service Representative|
Supervisor, Sales & Service Representative
Company : W.W. Grainger
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Manage the day-to-day operations of the branch, encompassing: profit-generating sales, customer service, financial reporting, inventory control, and performance management. (An alternative description was given).
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The role embodies the Grainger Principles of starting with the client, embracing curiosity, acting with intention, working together, and working together to perform correctly. These principles are supported by the role's success as a team, investing in others, and doing what counts.
Individuals with talent in leadership also possess their own talent. Why?
- Manage and oversee the team's activities, such as recruiting, training, motivating, and delivering the performance excellence program.
- Collaborate with the ISR team to create customer quotes, contracts, and provide guidance on pricing strategies.
- Keep track of team members' work and encourage them to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Gain insights into the market and opportunities, as well as competition.
- Create connections and foster community involvement.'
Sales and Service Leadership:
- Identify and address consumer concerns regarding pricing, procurement, delivery, and product promotion in private brand and NTS channels. Provide solutions whenever possible.
- Be knowledgeable about products sold by others.
- Provide guidance to the sales team on upselling, service, pricing, delivery, and inventory inquiries.
- Promote the company's products and services to customers and offer substitutes where necessary.
- Assist in preparing and carrying out the annual operations plan, which includes factors such as profit, gross margins, and expenses (e.g.
- Branch manager helps lead 5S process to clean and optimize the branch. Use best practices of company. (e.g.
- Present reports on an as-needed basis to convey information to the Branch Manager and facilitate management communication through daily service meetings.
- Comply with the requirements of the WHMIS, the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, the WSIB, and all related laws.
- Ensure that employees comply with government policy, regulations, and approved Grainger operating procedures.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of industrial/safety products would be beneficial.'
- Exhibited knowledge of successful coaching, team formation, and staffing practices, along with a practical management approach. Additionally, he demonstrated knowledge of successful leadership, coaching, team building, and development practices.
- A strong leader who possesses excellent communication skills, good customer service, and good people skills.
- Proven ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize in a fast-paced setting. Additionally, they have a proven ability to manage money and time efficiently in a highly competitive market.
- Good computer skills and abilities.'
- Knowledge of local consumer markets and market dynamics would be beneficial.'
- Education beyond high school, with a focus on business or work experience. Either is beneficial.
Before advancing to the next level, there are three essential requirements : 1.
- Having been in this position for 1 to 2 years, you have consistently performed well and met or exceeded expectations.
- Demonstrates and excels in all AGI Performance Drivers (Exceptional skills: Capture the consumer's attention, express desired perfection, focus on demand, improve teamwork, lead by action.)
- Regularly elevated favourable engagement scores exceeding 75%.'
- Branch P&L, inventory management, and leadership experience is advantageous for individuals pursuing career advancement within the Branch leadership. Additionally, knowledge of these areas would be beneficial.
- Suitable for guiding and mentoring team members, with outstanding leadership and coaching abilities.
- Strong and effective communication abilities; able to convey ideas effectively through both spoken and written language.
Your attendance at client sites may be required for the job. Some customers have specific policy regarding drug and alcohol screening of contractors and vendors. You may also be asked to comply with such customer screening procedures as a requirement for entry into such sites.
Rewards and Benefits:
Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet your individual needs. Check out some of the benefits available to you with Grainger (may vary based on hours worked):
- The coverage extends to medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage.
- Each year, a maximum of 12 company holidays and paid time off (PTO) are granted, depending on the province of residence.
- Both spousal and dependent life insurance policy are covered by life.
- An employee family support program provides support for team members with issues related to their physical, emotional, and mental health as well as financial and other areas. Moreover, an employee family assistance program provides support to team members with problems related to their mental, physical, and financial health.
- Designed to help you save for your future, the Registered Retirement Savings Plan and the Defined Contribution Pension Plan offer valuable savings.
- The program provides financial support to educational and professional pursuits.
- Employee discounts, benefits for team members...
Despite having less experience than required for this job, you may still meet the requirements. Our goal is to create a workplace where people feel comfortable living as they please, learning and developing their skills, while also being respected and appreciated.
Before being hired, external candidates must pass a pre-employment background check. An internal candidate undergoes a sever interview when they move from not driving to driving a role.
All qualified applicants for employment at Grainger are considered an Equal Opportunity Employer and can apply for accommodations regardless of their race, religion, or gender. These accommodations may include accommodations for disabilities such as medical conditions or sexual orientation.