New Job Supervisor - Administrative Support Services In Ontario
|Supervisor - Administrative Support Services|
Supervisor - Administrative Support Services
Company : City of Thunder Bay
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
The City of Thunder Bay is a place where art, culture and nature come together!
Watch this video to learn more about our City at:
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises the activities relating to the operation of the Section; implements and monitors criteria for service delivery.
- Assesses Section staffing needs, makes recommendations on complement amendments and organizational structure, participates in recruitment processes, and makes effective hiring decisions.
- Supervises Section staff including staff development, performance management/review, coaching/mentoring, health and safety, collective agreement administration, discipline, and termination decisions.
- Develops, administers, and maintains policies and procedures for the Section; ensures that all administrative procedures and standards, municipal and governmental, are clearly communicated and adhered to.
- Provides confidential administrative support to the Manager – Central Support, as required.
- Supervises the production and completion of Departmental corporate reports and by-laws.
- Schedules, prepares, assembles and distributes materials for meetings; attends meeting and records and distributes meeting minutes.
- Provides user expertise on corporate financial systems; establishes and maintains an effective financial management information system for the Department.
- Controls and monitors accounts payable/receivable and activities including year-end reconciliation; initiates, directs, and monitors appropriate corrective action.
- Prepares and monitors annual capital and operating budget for the Section, taking corrective action to ensure budget compliance; assists in the development of Division budgets.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of new programs, policies, and procedures within the Department.
- Manages temporary street closures for special events; coordinates the involvement of Corporate departments.
- Ensures inventory is maintained and records the location, condition, and upkeep of supplies and equipment at Victoriaville location and manages procurement card purchases by Division staff.
- Coordinates health and safety issues with respect to the Victoriaville Infrastructure and Operations offices.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
- Degree in business administration, public administration or a related program, with three years related experience; or
- Diploma in business administration, public administration or a related program, with five years related experience; and
- Three years previous supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized environment within the public sector
- Superior ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with superiors, subordinates, co-workers, and the general public
- Ability to identify, understand, and meet/exceed the requirements of internal and external customers
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to direct, motivate, evaluate, and recognize staff; proven ability to share skills and knowledge with others
- Strong project/time management, analytical/critical thinking, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to improve Sectional effectiveness and efficiency
- Experience with revenue processing and with accounting software
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and current related software
- Competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Experience with SAP software
- Knowledge of the functions of City departments, outside boards, and local community groups
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- May be required to travel to various work locations and provide own transportation
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)
As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups, women and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
ONTARIO HUMAN RIGHTS CODE: It is a contravention of the Human Rights Code of Ontario to discriminate on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, age, record of offences, gender identity or gender expression. Therefore, a resume submitted to the City must not include references to any of the above characteristics. Do not include:
- Any certificates that have photo identification
- Driver’s licences
- Police records checks
Note: The above documentation will be requested by the Human Resources & Division should you be the successful applicant. If a Criminal Record Check is required, it will be requested by Human Resources should you be the successful applicant. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
ACCOMMODATION: Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
PRIVACY: Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 302, as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division, 125 Syndicate Ave Suite 42, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 6H8, Telephone: 625-3866