New Job Store Manager In Yukon
SNDL is the largest private-sector liquor and cannabis retailer in Canada with retail banners that include Ace Liquor, Wine and Beyond, Liquor Depot, Value Buds, and Spiritleaf. SNDL is a licensed cannabis producer and one of the largest vertically integrated cannabis companies in Canada specializing in low-cost biomass sourcing, premium indoor cultivation, product innovation, low-cost manufacturing facilities, and a cannabis brand portfolio that includes Top Leaf, Contraband, Citizen Stash, Sundial Cannabis, Palmetto, Bon Jak, Spiritleaf Selects, Versus Cannabis, Value Buds, Vacay, Grasslands and Superette. SNDL's investment portfolio seeks to deploy strategic capital through direct and indirect investments and partnerships throughout the global cannabis industry. For more information on SNDL, please go to
About ACE Liquor
ACE Liquor is a great place to work, with a friendly atmosphere. We provide our customers with a vast selection of specialty liquors, beers and wine!
Each person at ACE plays an important role in our company's success. We promote a team atmosphere that is busy and challenging, but always tries to be cooperative and fun. When you choose to work at ACE Liquor you can be sure you will be treated with the respect and support you need to achieve your goals.
About The Role
We are looking for a friendly, customer-driven individual to lead our team as store manager at our Ace Liquor store in Granville, Alberta. They will oversee and maximize the store's budget and sales goals with an accountability for operating standards and financial performance. The store manager will bring their experience in the liquor and retail industry (or similar fields), including previous experience of management. He will be responsible for the recruitment, hiring and training of teams that ensure the store is always clean, maintained, and ready for business.
Store address: 7209 Winterburn Rd, NW, Edmonton. AB T5T 1S9 (store address):
Essential business functions, responsibilities and responsibilities (EBS)
People Management Skills
- How can I create a work culture that makes my store an inviting place to work?
- Be a role model who inspires team members, coaches, and mentors.
- Delegate tasks to team members and set priorities.
- : Communicate in a clear and concise manner to the team, leading effective huddles/coaching sessions, keeping the team well informed of pertinent information. :
- In store recruitment, participate in succession plans for the store.
- The team supports and coaches team members to improve performance, conduct ongoing coaching for improvements.
- Completing a training course will require time that is not allocated to other activities.
- Create and/or monitor the creation of efficient store schedules for both sales and support functions.
- Deliver exemplary customer service
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service, ensure area manager is aware of all consumer complaints.
- Each company has its own unique product.
- Review client surveys and manage appropriately.
- Understand and utilize local market tendencies as provided by area manager.
- Evaluate programs and promotions for effectiveness and offer recommendations to area manager.
- Ensure that goals will be met through appropriate planning and organization of labour, inventory and financial operations for short and long term success.
- Through partnership with area manager, meet or exceed financial targets.
- Review and monitor the company's Lost and Found program to protect the company and its employees.
- For accuracy, review financial documentation (invoices, costs, etc.)
- Monitor and make appropriate adjustments to the schedule to achieve the best possible cost.
Day to Day Operations
- All merchandising and pricing rules are followed, ensure.
- Ensure store is clean and presentable and act on any maintenance issues.
- Execute marketing programs and track results.
- Manage communication (mail, email, voicemail)
- Maintain inventory levels, as well as order inventory and receiving.
- Respond to customer complaints
- Organize and/or attend OHS and LP meetings and training sessions. *
- I am actively trying to share my industry knowledge.
- Develop relationships with key store stakeholders.
- For daily tasks. Set daily tasks?
- Review flyers, upcoming events and promotions; implement appropriately.
- OH, LP. Ensure that OH serves its purpose and that other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Health inspections, audits and required corrective actions are required.
- Keep up on first aid, lifeguarding and OSHA training. )
- Keep it clean and serve it right.
- Ensure that ACL/BCLS and other government guidelines are met.
- Adheres to all SNDL policy, with a focus on social responsibility.
- Minimum 3 years experience in retail environment. (Experienced)
- What is the minimum amount of experience in management? (Preferred)
- High School Diploma or equivalent..
- ProServe/Serving It Right Certification
- The First Aid Certificate is considered an asset.
- I prefer wine/beer/spirits (preferable, not required) in training.
Other Skills and Capabilities
- Highly self-motivated
- Customer service driven
- Effective leadership of a large team.
- Strong sales background
- What are some proven track records of success?
- How do I improve my communication skills?
- What is the best way to pass a background check?
- Do we need reliable transportation? If yes, why?
Why Work With Us?
At Ace Liquor we invest in our people. We provide educational reimbursement for industry-related courses, and prefer to promote individuals from within the organization providing our employees with excellent opportunities to advance their careers. If you are interested in working in a fun environment that promotes personal growth with flexible scheduling please apply now!
Thank you for considering a position with us! Cheers!
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will only contact those selected to next steps of our hiring process.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: what is the process?
SNDL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunities for employment, and we know this begins with recruitment.
Number of Openings
Time TypeFull time