New Job Social Worker, Counselling Therapist (Truro, Ns) In Nova Scotia
|Social Worker, Counselling Therapist (Truro, NS)|
Social Worker, Counselling Therapist (Truro, NS)
Company : LifeWorks
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
TELUS Health and LifeWorks have recently come together to leverage the power of technology and our caring cultures to further progress our shared goal of building a healthier and friendlier future for all. As a global-leading health and well-being provider – encompassing physical, mental and financial health – TELUS Health is improving health outcomes for consumers, patients, healthcare professionals, employers and employees.
Social Worker, Counselling Therapist (EAP program)
Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, you will be providing in-person counselling services for TELUS Health's Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Provide short-term counselling to a diverse set of clients dealing with various issues;
- Evaluate client needs and work with them to set objectives and develop a strategy to achieve them, within the terms and conditions of the client’s EAP.
Required core qualifications and skills:
- Master’s Degree in Counselling, Social Work or Psychology;
- Full membership with NS College of Social Workers or Registered Counselling Therapists and valid professional liability insurance;
- Ability to set short term objectives and use a solution focused approach;
- Ability to clinically manage high-risk cases, including clients who are a threat to self or others;
- Available to see clients in-person in own private office;
- Good knowledge of community resources.
Where permitted by law, company employees must be fully immunized to access a TELUS Health or LifeWorks office or customer premises.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to
By applying to this role, you understand and agree that your information will be shared with the TELUS Group of Companies’ Talent Acquisition team(s) and/or any leader(s) who will be part of the selection process.