New Job Senior Innovation Designer In Alberta
|Senior Innovation Designer|
Senior Innovation Designer
Company : City of Calgary
Salary : $44.20–$59.09 an hour
Location : Alberta
As part of the Collaboration, Analytics and Innovation business unit, The Innovation Lab is an internal consultancy that serves the Corporation:
- Consulting with complex, human-centred challenges that affect Canadians and city workers.
- Professional learning for city staff to learn and apply innovative methodologies and tools.
- Stewardship of the Innovation Network to improve relationships across the city and build the network to support innovation.
The senior innovation designer is a critical part of the development, maintenance and evaluation of strategies for specific portfolios within the Innovation Lab portfolio. A large part of the senior innovation designer's work is focused on leading the projects in the lab that are of high complexity, impact and political significance. These complex problems often involve:
- Competing human needs have been "stuck" and cross political/administrative boundaries.
- Challenges in navigating political and power dynamics, including leadership across multiple business units.
- High stakes, with potential impacts on the local economy, and for the city's reputation.
- Linked to a strong corporate culture at the senior leadership level.
Primary Duties include:
Opportunity development, design and execution:
- Provide an active role in business development and project opportunity development, leveraging existing networks and developing new networks. Provide the Innovation Lab's services.
- Lead higher complexity projects including:
- Scope of work, development of project plans and subsequent execution.
- Champion, plan, and design for human-centered solutions (e.g., Canadians', business owners', and city services') to long-term problems to create improved city services:
- During and after the project close out, lead lessons learned and reflective sessions with both client and internal team to capture and disseminate knowledge.
Strategic Portfolio Leadership in the Innovation Lab
- Lead a strategic portfolio that supports the delivery of Innovation Lab services. Portfolios will vary on individual staff, and will span a variety of possible functions including leading:
- Provider service delivery with a partner (i.e., departments and business units with dedicated, funded roles), project practice, the Professional Learning Service, and the Innovation Network for services of measurement and evaluation.
- The development of portfolio-related processes, change management and indicators to monitor progress and report as appropriate to team members and leadership.
Informal Leadership and Mentorship
- Play an active role in teammates professional development including innovation mindsets, skillsets, and practice through:
- Guiding approaches to project execution, including challenging conversations with client/partners and advocating for a particular approach.
- Providing in-the-moment feedback and coaching.
- Project-based leadership as an innovation methodology and process Subject Matter Expert, providing:
- Coaching for client project leaders and their leadership through the unknown/ambiguous nature of taking an innovation approach.
- and guidance to ensure the inclusion of diversity of people involved in projects (e.g., Canadians to the city employees).
- Building trusting relationships beyond the direct project client to ensure buy-in for innovation and change from other affected, related service owners.
- I play an active role in shaping team culture, collaboration, and knowledge sharing.
- Degree in Science, Anthropology, Social Science and Public Administration, Bachelor of Arts, or related degree.
- At least 8 years of experience using innovation methodologies and practices, and facilitation.
- Additional skills and experiences in the following will be considered assets:
- Service design, Thinking and human centered designs. Systemic design, behavioral insights, systems thinking, design strategy and other innovation methods. *
- Management consulting (or equivalent) in public, private or non-profit sectors.
- Knowledge and/or experience in strategic planning, relationship building or political environment.
- Measurement and evaluation experience (e.g., Theory of Change, or Project or Program Evaluation).
- Ability to manage multiple projects from conception to delivery, delivering great customer service.
Our work and culture is extremely collaborative, so successful applicants in the role will be: (physics)  _ (cultural language)? *)
The ability to direct, work both independently and collaboratively with others to achieve high-quality outputs. _
a href="http://www.etsy.com/products/a-href">Excellent communication skills for diverse audiences.
Refined political acumen.
, & well-developed consulting and facilitation skills. 
Can I develop relationships and project opportunities with colleagues? [ edit ]
Is it possible to influence projects without authority from both sides? .
A bias toward action, a growth mindset, and the ability to check biases. _
The applicants will be tested for appropriate skills, including _-(i); ); 'b' (ii) and c.
Is it necessary to provide proof of qualifications for a successful application?